Hurt anemone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter moorjames
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

moorjames

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2020
Messages
199
Reaction score
190
Location
Grand Rapids, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so bought a couple anemones last week and put them in my tank and let them settle where they wanted. Well one settled on the sand, and another went under a cave and haven’t seen him all week. I get home today- and the one that was hiding finally came out but the other one hadn’t moved- only to bury himself in the sand. My local fish store said he might be trying to find something solid so it might be best to move him to a rock.
I get home and try to go underneath him and turns out- he’s attached to the bottom side of the rock. (My first anemone experience btw). So I gently try to get him free- digging underneath and the more I get under- the further down he goes. So I try ice for a bit, I even grabbed a powerhead to see if I can get him to unattached and nothing is working. I can’t separate the rock because it’s all one piece and it’s stuck. So I get frustrated and decide he’s gotta move. (Btw- this whole time I’m trying to grab it with my fingers- I notice this goo on me)
I grab a scraper and decide to start scraping. I’m trying to be gentle but also trying to get the job done. Anyways I finally pry and it’s releasing this stringy goop all over. It doesn’t look like blood or guts- but a white/clear goop. I check to see if I hurt him and couldn’t find any tears or anything.
Is that normal? Or is the goop a bad sign?
 
DC5826A1-37DE-48A5-BDA4-0E00A16DFAFE.jpeg

Just balled up still
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new