Hybrid T5 & LEDs 60" lighting fixture!

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do not want to go with LEDs alone since it's not enough spectrum for the corals (SPS will be brown out in the long run), so I decided to go with Hybrid T5 & LEDs. I have couple fixtures in mind but I do not know which one to choose.

Arcadia OT2-LED from UK. It control T5 & LEDs dimmable.

Arcadia the leaders in pet-care lighting technology - OT2 LED

Blau Lumina LED Plus T5 hybrid aquarium light from Germany.

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/05/25/b...quarium-light/
Flash Page Flip

SFILIGOI Genesis Hybrid T5 with LEDs From Italy (Canada vendor). I would to ask for custom made 5 Modules in the middle along 4 T5 80w with RGB 3w LED Green/Red/Blue (3 blue and 2 white modules). All of them are dimmable by SFILIGOI Link Contoller.

http://www.aquaticselite.com/GENESIS.../ge-t5-150.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redstag

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order thru Aquatics Elite from Canada. I also upgraded the Ferrari Red color for my lighting fixture. It looks so nice and sexy in RED. Tim is a nice guy. He explains every thing to me if I have question.

Good Customer Service! Thumb Up

FerrariRed-3.jpg

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure who told you tony that leds can't hold there own..... my tank is strictly sps and i have not lost color on any..... truthfully every thing held it's color extremely well and any coral that was blue is now a rich deep blue!!!!! my red planet got a little purple but that's it all the yellows, greens, reds etc have held there color since i switched from mh to leds a few months ago.....leds can hang by them self i don't care what any one says i have first hand exp with over 100 different acros under leds......

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking light. I've been running only led's for over a year and a half and my sps colors have never been so colorful.

OP
OP
Redstag

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy,

You can post picture of your corals now and later (around couple months) to compare. I do not see any successful tank with LEDs alone.

Tony

not sure who told you tony that leds can't hold there own..... my tank is strictly sps and i have not lost color on any..... truthfully every thing held it's color extremely well and any coral that was blue is now a rich deep blue!!!!! my red planet got a little purple but that's it all the yellows, greens, reds etc have held there color since i switched from mh to leds a few months ago.....leds can hang by them self i don't care what any one says i have first hand exp with over 100 different acros under leds......

Last edited:

Hahnmeister

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown out could also be a sign of the light field being too intense... going to LED's I bet its a distinct possibility. Or, high nutrient levels...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back