Hydor Seltz D 3200

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have this pump?

It's worked extremely well up until a few weeks ago. I've noticed my sump water level would randomly raise up in the last few weeks, and the water in my overflow box would drop causing me to have to adjust the drain gate valve. An hour or so later I have to readjust it because the flow returns. I figured maybe the pump had some algae in it so I took it apart and found this chip on the metallic cylinder around the impeller.

P_20201012_123414_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

There is nothing protruding in the housing that looks like it could cause this. I've also noticed a slight high pitched ticking in the past 2 days and the pump seems to run warm ( could be typical ). When I pulled it out to take it apart it felt very warm. The temps in my tank have been high lately. However, this running temp could be normal.

I've contacted Hydor to get information on the warranty ( if there even is one ).

Again the pump worked very well. Was silent and moved a ton of water. It could have just been defective. I'm Just wondering if anyone has this pump and if you have had any issues with it?

Thanks!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the pump? Saltwater can just be rough on equipment. There may have also been something such as a snail that got in there.

OP
OP
MarshallB

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not long. It's been running since June. So 4 months. its always possible a shard of a shell or something got caught in it.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not long. It's been running since June. So 4 months. its always possible a shard of a shell or something got caught in it.

Hmmm... Hopefully they'll replace it for you. It very well may have been a defect.

OP
OP
MarshallB

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm... Hopefully they'll replace it for you. It very well may have been a defect.

Thanks. I hope so too, it's actually a very good pump for the price point. Granted if it was a defect. If its not a defect then its a waste of money which is why I was hoping some other folks on here may have had some experience with it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back