Hydra 26 Lighting

Doherty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m looking to lighting intensity recommendations for my softy dominant tank using a Hydra 26 HD. I’m relatively new to LEDs and previously had only used T5s.

I currently have an Elos Mini, which is approx 20 gallons. Depth of 16in with the light about 12inches above.

My current settings and lighting ratio are based off of a BRS spotlight video for the hydras for proper spectrum mix, but I’m not sure if the intensities are overall high for what I’m keeping.

Again mainly Softy, with a few BTAs.

I will upload a screenshot of my settings.

Thanks, Matt

C98F3BFB-B173-4DA7-B34A-1CB0EC3404F7.png

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I’m looking to lighting intensity recommendations for my softy dominant tank using a Hydra 26 HD. I’m relatively new to LEDs and previously had only used T5s.

I currently have an Elos Mini, which is approx 20 gallons. Depth of 16in with the light about 12inches above.

My current settings and lighting ratio are based off of a BRS spotlight video for the hydras for proper spectrum mix, but I’m not sure if the intensities are overall high for what I’m keeping.

Again mainly Softy, with a few BTAs.

I will upload a screenshot of my settings.

Thanks, Matt

C98F3BFB-B173-4DA7-B34A-1CB0EC3404F7.png
Well the most important thing is.....how are your corals reacting to the light? If they like it and are happy dont worry about the intensity!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was running that AB+ as well but it was too intense for my tank. It burned a couple of my corals. Turned it way down and they approved

OP
OP
Doherty

Doherty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is healthy. I would say I had better growth on previous setups with T5s. When my lights start to ramp up, a my Tree corals polyps retract for about 1/2 the day then slowly open back up, but not nearly fully open to their size before the lights turn on.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be hard to make tree coral and BTA happy at the same time unless the softies are much lower or in partial shade. That being said they are more adaptable to higher light than the BTA would be to lowerlight, so unless you see the tree coral start dying I would keep things as is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back