Hydra 26 Non HD - Power Button / Status Light Ribbon Cable Failure

  • Thread starter Thread starter JArnold
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JArnold

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
44
Reaction score
18
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up 2 Hydra 26 Non HD units that both seem to have the same issue. The ribbon cable that goes to the power button and status light has failed.

Has anyone else had this issue?
 
1726081370761.gif
 
following... I had 5 that stopped working after replacing the burnt lens. only thing that I touched was the ribbon cable.
 
So I have basically required it… ordered new cable, put in a reset button, added a smd diode… but I still cannot get it to connect to the controller. Documentation is almost impossible to find. I am using the old wireless controller .. I believe it was version 2… not the one with rubber buttons. I have tried channels 1-10 and still get nothing. I am assuming that the module that powers this connection has failed over time.
 
where and what new cable did you order? the power ribbon cable (touch membrane)? all 5 of mine wont even turn on...
Sounds like you might have a wifi chip issue, which no replacement parts for. Typically the entire board needs to be replaced, which is also no longer available anymore.
 
So I have basically required it… ordered new cable, put in a reset button, added a smd diode… but I still cannot get it to connect to the controller. Documentation is almost impossible to find. I am using the old wireless controller .. I believe it was version 2… not the one with rubber buttons. I have tried channels 1-10 and still get nothing. I am assuming that the module that powers this connection has failed over time.
following up, where did you order the new cable from. been searching all over and dont see any. maybe im searching the wrong keywords. let me know, thanks
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new