Hydra 26 power supply UK

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys & girls..

seem to be having an issue with a PSU for hydra 26hd.. long shot but does anyone know where I can get one cheap or anyone that has a spare going? Looking at £65 for a new one!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 Hydra 26’s which are coming up to being 5 years old. 3 power supplies blew within 7 days about 2 weeks ago, and I’m expecting the 4th any time so I have a new one ready.

£65 is the price unfortunately, trust me I searched everywhere including the auction site.

There is one on Amazon for about £29 from China if you want to wait for the slow boat to get here. I think it had about a months delivery

Also I decided I didn’t want to risk blowing the light up for the sake of saving a few £’s!

OP
OP
R

ReefdudeAdam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 Hydra 26’s which are coming up to being 5 years old. 3 power supplies blew within 7 days about 2 weeks ago, and I’m expecting the 4th any time so I have a new one ready.

£65 is the price unfortunately, trust me I searched everywhere including the auction site.

There is one on Amazon for about £29 from China if you want to wait for the slow boat to get here. I think it had about a months delivery

Also I decided I didn’t want to risk blowing the light up for the sake of saving a few £’s!
I thought as much.. I did search and I found some from RS components which would suit. 36v 3a 10x5mm Jack. Just wasn’t sure if they were worth the risk

Mr moo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought as much.. I did search and I found some from RS components which would suit. 36v 3a 10x5mm Jack. Just wasn’t sure if they were worth the risk
Hi,could you tell me where you bought the power supply from please.one of my lights has gone out and there is no green light on so I'm hoping it's the power supply.
Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back