HYDRA 64'S for a red sea reefer

Lil' RegalReefster

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2019
Messages
132
Reaction score
35
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I recently bought a red sea reefer 450 and was looking into some lighting options. So far I have decided on buying Aqua illumination lights however I need some reassurance before I buy. For those who aren't familiar with the dimension they are L 60", W 20", H 22". I want to buy two hydra 64's and mount them horizontally. Is that enough light? any advice helps:) BTW it will be a mixed reef with a decent amount of sps corals.
 
You might be better off with 3 hydra 32 lights. This would help distribute the light more evenly. Using three fixtures with the four blue and purple channels at max will be great. I recommend that and then with little to no red, however much white is appealing to you, and then whatever green you can fit into the remaining watts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new