Hydroid jelly (?) under the microscope

kyleinpdx

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2016
Messages
685
Reaction score
659
Location
PNW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this guy on my glass a bit ago, so I sucked him up with a small syringe and put him under my microscope. Sorry these arent the best photos, they were taken with my phone, I have a phone camera mount for my telescope but it doesnt work as well with the microscope, so I couldnt go any higher than 40x.

photo - Copy.jpg


IMG_7999 - Copy.jpg


IMG_8004 - Copy.jpg

IMG_8005 - Copy.jpg
 
Looks like one.

Figured as much, I know I've got some hidden away on some rock here and there. I assume one of these days the melanurus will get em all. I was excited it was easily accessible and I had a moment to break out the scope. Wish I could have gotten some better pictures!
 
Those where some really good pictures.
Now I know what to look for if I ever have the need lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new