Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thought about putting it in a different group, but then, i would think, that the opposite side pumps would not be synced to the main pump. could be wrong on that. thanks for the reply
Nope they will be synced they all will run off the same internal schedule.

meinekebob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope they will be synced they all will run off the same internal schedule.
thanks ill give that a shot. too bad you cant put multiple groups into a single trigger. might have to suggest that, after they get it into the collective.

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question
How do you know when there is an update to the control 2 and what version you should be running ? Here is a screen shot of my control 2.
I went into play store to check and it didn't say to update just an open button.
How would you know there is a update? And what version should you be running
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-072410.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-072410.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 24

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas on this ? posted it on the coralvue forum but figured I would post here also. I to am wondering why they disappeared from R2R anyway here is what I posted.

Was looking to buy the Avast auto feeder and looking in the menu for the control 2 "feed" selection it just has when to start and how long between and how many to do a day then how many rotations.
I dont know what how many rotations means besides the obvious.
What exactly does that mean?
With the Avast it is set by time example 30 seconds on/off or whatever time you want.
So how long is a rotation in the hydros ?
Looking to buy the Avast auto feeder and want to hook it up to the hydros I feel I should be able to just set it up without any do this or do that. It is a pretty basic setup or am I wrong.
Any help would be great Thanks

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually didn't even know myself that they left till it was posted in this thread that they are no longer a sponsor here.

Anyway I would say it probably has to do with all the censorship that has been happening here.
A few people have been banned and some are just leaving including sponsors.

Anyway Coralvue is still rolling allot of stuff out for the Hydros.
They are still sending new stuff out to the testers. Should be some exciting announcements soon.

Last edited:

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually didn't even know myself that they left till it was posted in this thread that they are no longer a sponsor here.

Anyway I would say it probably has to do with all the censorship that has been happening here.
A few people have been banned and some are just leaving including sponsors.

Anyway Coralvue is still rolling allot of stuff out for the Hydros.
They are still sending new stuff out to the testers. Should be some exciting announcements soon.
That's too bad. Censorship has it's place on forums, especially if someone is being rude, but I fear we're going down this cancel culture road all willy-nilly and it's not a good thing. I think I posted in someone's thread and used the "D" word, you know the one that rhymes with dam and it was changed to darn. Really? When did we stop being adults and started to be offended by simple words with no meaning behind them? I know we have a huge range in age among the members here, but I can't imagine that anyone would be so offended by simple words? Sorry, I'll step off of my soapbox now.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's too bad. Censorship has it's place on forums, especially if someone is being rude, but I fear we're going down this cancel culture road all willy-nilly and it's not a good thing. I think I posted in someone's thread and used the "D" word, you know the one that rhymes with dam and it was changed to darn. Really? When did we stop being adults and started to be offended by simple words with no meaning behind them? I know we have a huge range in age among the members here, but I can't imagine that anyone would be so offended by simple words? Sorry, I'll step off of my soapbox now.
I do not want to derail this thread but I just want to say this.
To me moderation and censorship are two different things. If some is using bad language, being rude, attacking users causing issues sure moderate them.

Censoring because you do not like what someone has to say or you do not like them is different.

Seems like every forum starts to wrestle with this stuff as they get larger. The choices they make at this junction is usually their downfall.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do not want to derail this thread but I just want to say this.
To me moderation and censorship are two different things. If some is using bad language, being rude, attacking users causing issues sure moderate them.

Censoring because you do not like what someone has to say or you do not like them is different.

Seems like every forum starts to wrestle with this stuff as they get larger. The choices they make at this junction is usually their downfall.
Agreed! Getting back on topic, I wonder if I'll be able to connect the new modules to my wave engine to expand or monitor, creating a collective?

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agreed! Getting back on topic, I wonder if I'll be able to connect the new modules to my wave engine to expand or monitor, creating a collective?

You will eventually be able to add the WE to the collective. The hardware is to old though to act like a controller like all the others out or coming out. So if you have a Control 2, Sense module, etc. you will be able to put the WE into the collective with them.

Last edited:

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Passing some upgrading info from Coralvue:
If you are having issues with 177 installing (IE you have downloaded 177 but when you hit install 177 it reverts back to 165) do the following:
On the firmware update screen, hit "Install 177" and then immediately kill the app. Wait 60 seconds and then come back in and it should be in 177. It is actually a bug that is now fixed on 177.
The issue was with firmware 165 but only happens on some devices and not all of them. We fixed it on 177.

The current upgrade problems are in the 165 code, which is unfortunate. Keep in mind that when you upgrade to a new version, the upgrade is actually performed by the old version. This problem is totally fixed in 177 but first it needs to get installed which is problematic.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

We have been testing this for a bit now and you are going to love it.
I do not know how close to release but it is pretty nice.
It is so nice it has me wanting a 3rd WE.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back