Hydros Control 2 Won't Connect to Cloud - Bluetooth Only

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently tried to move my Hydros Control 2 to a collective. That resulted in the controller becoming unresponsive over the cloud. It was pulsing every color and beeping about once a minute. I then attempted the following steps to fix that.

- Deleted the collective and the device
- Reset up the device
- Attempted to wipe the WiFi settings with a magnet (per their suggestion)

In the system properties, it says it is still connected to the collective. And sometimes it retains the SSID after deleting the device. It now has one LED pulsing white, and 3 pulsing blue. I am only able to connect via bluetooth. It is also on firmware 165. I tried to install 180, but the app acts as if the button wasn't even clicked. I'm stuck and have no idea what to do (which is sad, since I work in IT).

I'm amazed that I can't find an option for a full system reset. Just reset options for WiFi and pump configurations. I submitted a ticket to Coralvue Hydros though. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently tried to move my Hydros Control 2 to a collective. That resulted in the controller becoming unresponsive over the cloud. It was pulsing every color and beeping about once a minute. I then attempted the following steps to fix that.

- Deleted the collective and the device
- Reset up the device
- Attempted to wipe the WiFi settings with a magnet (per their suggestion)

In the system properties, it says it is still connected to the collective. And sometimes it retains the SSID after deleting the device. It now has one LED pulsing white, and 3 pulsing blue. I am only able to connect via bluetooth. It is also on firmware 165. I tried to install 180, but the app acts as if the button wasn't even clicked. I'm stuck and have no idea what to do (which is sad, since I work in IT).

I'm amazed that I can't find an option for a full system reset. Just reset options for WiFi and pump configurations. I submitted a ticket to Coralvue Hydros though. Does anyone have any suggestions?
someone mentioned wifi version 5G doesn't work... unsure if this will help you, but since you are saying it does still works bluetooth, helped me remember this tip someone shared - for me, I'm okay riding bluetooth (though that isn't its default on mine...)

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CoralVue Hydros support is awesome. They helped me fix the problem. Turns out there is a certain order you have to do to completely factory reset a device. 1) Delete it from the app under device properties 2) Wipe the pump settings by holding the magnet until the light turns purple 3) After it reboots, hold the magnet until the light turns yellow to reset the WiFi settings 4) After reboot, you can now add the device again and it should now successfully work like new

Duffer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could also head over to their forum and seek help, for Future help

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back