Hydros Kraken Backup Battery Options

  • Thread starter Thread starter surlytx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

surlytx

Reefing Smarter, Not Harder (For Retirement)
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
137
Reaction score
158
Location
Benbrook
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for suggestions for a battery to use with the Kraken for backup.

Thanks!
 
Bumping your post!
 
In default mode, any deep cycle marine type battery. Lithium Ion you need to change the prongs inside and get a battery controller/ monitor.
 
You’re better off spending a bit more money and buying a lipo battery, it can run down to basically zero without voltage drops and has a duty life of 1000’s of cycles. You will need to move the jumper in the kraken as it’s meant to charge a lead acid battery and buy a separate lipo charger.

I bought a 100ah lipo battery for my kraken
 
You’re better off spending a bit more money and buying a lipo battery, it can run down to basically zero without voltage drops and has a duty life of 1000’s of cycles. You will need to move the jumper in the kraken as it’s meant to charge a lead acid battery and buy a separate lipo charger.

I bought a 100ah lipo battery for my kraken
Didn’t want to add more to the equation, just what the controller was designed for. I wanted lithium but just settled for the the lead. I know i know but i wanted to cut as much clutter as possible.
 
I’ve looked into lots of battery back ups and honestly I ended up buying a used generator for 300$ and than paying someone 500$ to install the electrical panel. Now if I lose electric i can run everything endlessly including my refrigerator :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new