Hydros Wave Questions

radiata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros Wave question. I tried to post this at CoralVue Customer Support this eveining, but wasn't able to.

What Hydros hardware is needed to control four Octo Pulse 4s and two Octi Pulse 2s? I'm currently running four Octo Pulse 4s on my Apex, and want to add two controlled Octo Pulse 2, preferably without paying for the Pulse 2s controllers. Looks to me like Pulses max out four units on the Wave. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

TIA...

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydros Wave question. I tried to post this at CoralVue Customer Support this eveining, but wasn't able to.

What Hydros hardware is needed to control four Octo Pulse 4s and two Octi Pulse 2s? I'm currently running four Octo Pulse 4s on my Apex, and want to add two controlled Octo Pulse 2, preferably without paying for the Pulse 2s controllers. Looks to me like Pulses max out four units on the Wave. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

TIA...
The Wave Engine has 4 direct drive ports. Each direct drive port can interface directly with one pulse 2 or pulse 4 pump (with the correct cable
Adapter). This means you don’t need a pulse controller or power supply for these. Then the wave engine also has 4 0-10V output ports as well that you can use to control up to 4 more pulse 2/4 pumps via the 0-10v input port on the pulse pump controllers.

so with 1 wave engine. You can do 4 direct drive pulse pumps and 4 pulse pumps with 4 pulse controllers.

the wave engine light edition (wele) can only do 2 direct drive pumps and no 0-10v pumps.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back