Hygger Heaters

Ka0s

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 2 for 2 out if the box failures on hygger Heaters. My first was a hygger 150w heater this one just doesn't turn on. I then decided on the hygger hg-802 titanium this one the controller is bad. Am I just having bad luck or is this common? Is there something better I should look for? From reviews they are suppose to be a good company.

This is a 29g biocube. I currently have a marineland 150w that is running it's older. I don't want it to break and fry the tank I know it has some age on it. Just not sure what to do now. There is a ton of money in coral in this tank so cost isnt an issue. I just want something reliable and would prefer it to have accurate temperature controller.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jaeger, Fluval, Neotherm are all good. Frankly, I doubt any of them will be issue if you swap it out after 1.5-2 years , but if you really want to have a failsafe, put a controller (inkbird, ranco etc).

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had all heaters fail...from the most expensive to the cheapest. I now buy whatever I can find at the local pet store and run them on a controller. I have a bucket full of dead expensive heaters. If I had to pick one it would probably be Aqueon Pros, surprisingly.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 200W digital quartz Hyggar heater. Comes with controller. I trust no heaters. This one is certainly the most stylish one around. I have a thermostat for my tank temp and the tester keeps things within .5-1 degree F within the 78 degrees I have it set at.

Attachments

• CACD2866-10BA-4517-B584-3CA52C41A912.jpeg
    CACD2866-10BA-4517-B584-3CA52C41A912.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 73

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 hygger heaters work flawlessly.
I ditched the controllers for ranco but they worked without issue.
Sensor placement can really make a difference. I have mine in a small upflow chamber so they get a lot of flow across them.

scottbeanerfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 2 for 2 out if the box failures on hygger Heaters. My first was a hygger 150w heater this one just doesn't turn on. I then decided on the hygger hg-802 titanium this one the controller is bad. Am I just having bad luck or is this common? Is there something better I should look for? From reviews they are suppose to be a good company.

This is a 29g biocube. I currently have a marineland 150w that is running it's older. I don't want it to break and fry the tank I know it has some age on it. Just not sure what to do now. There is a ton of money in coral in this tank so cost isnt an issue. I just want something reliable and would prefer it to have accurate temperature controller.
Same thing here .. bought 2 in a row , HG061 300 watt Quartz heaters for my 55 gal RODI collection tank.,on Amazon. neither one worked straight out of the box.. either the seller is selling crap, or the heater is just crap.

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention I use the titanium ones from hygger. Still in use. 0 issues.
The only thing that gets on my nerve is when the power goes out, the units default to Celsius. But the setpoint is kept which is all that matters.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 165 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back