Hygger New cross flow pump HG166

I have been very happy with the 6 that I have and for the price they are well worth it .
 
20260301_174032_B412BAF2-A383-4AB2-827C-5BD521FBE342.png
That’s from a different model with a different controller.
 
I'm thinking of getting the 166-25w for my 40 breeder. Right now I'm running two HG042 power heads, but would prefer a gyre. Thoughts?
 
I'm thinking of getting the 166-25w for my 40 breeder. Right now I'm running two HG042 power heads, but would prefer a gyre. Thoughts?
Hard to beat a gyres flow! If you do go with one have spares to swap out/in while cleaning. They require frequent cleaning to keep flow consistent.
 
A lfs near me has two reefwave 25s on the back wall of their softie tank which is probably about 60g "cube". I have an 80g "cube" and was considering buying two gyres to put on my back wall. I like the price point on the hygger and have read a few threads by OP. What are some thoughts on putting two of these on my tank? Which model? I was also looking at the Fzone gyre if anyone has compared these two brands.
 
6 month update , I am very pleased with the pump the humming calmed down and now at full power it’s really quiet . I would recommend this pump
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new