Hygger Wavemaker and Heater!!!! Review!

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I’m so freaking impressed with this thing. Lol I’m sure everything else is ticked off. Man is this thing Small. Plugged in went with stock settings it was a Tornado in this 13.5. Lol I adjusted all the programs to go at 40% throttle. Anything more is overkill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Heater and controller is spot on. My lights have me running 80 I have it set to kick on at 79. It fits perfectly above the pump in the chamber of the EVO 13.5. The heater isn’t a tight fit but you will need to watch the water levels this is 200 Watts 6.75 inches. ATO is probably a must since it’s close to surface.

hygger you out down yourselves for the money!!! No let’s see if it lasts!!!

That tiny pump impresses me the most. OMG! That 270GPH Sicce at 40% this thing out does it or right around. So it definitely pushes out some major flow.

I recommend if you been eyeing their stuff.

Sorry for the frogspawn that thing was at full throttle stock LOL. Was like a Hurricane.

Feel free to advise. Right now I’m eyeing my sand this thing might go center of tank. Just thought you should know I expected less. That heater is dead on temperature wise too. I’m thinking at 40% it’s around 270 GPH. The wave-maker theirs 4 speed settings. So it probably is pushing 600GPH+ at top speed. Defintely not 1600.

Last edited:

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I’m so freaking impressed with this thing. Lol I’m sure everything else is ticked off. Man is this thing Small. Plugged in went with stock settings it was a Tornado in this 13.5. Lol I adjusted all the programs to go at 40% throttle. Anything more is overkill.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Heater and controller is spot on. My lights have me running 80 I have it set to kick on at 79. It fits perfectly above the pump in the chamber of the EVO 13.5. The heater isn’t a tight fit but you will need to watch the water levels this is 200 Watts 6.75 inches. ATO is probably a must since it’s close to surface.

hygger you out down yourselves for the money!!! No let’s see if it lasts!!!

That tiny pump impresses me the most. OMG! That 270GPH Sicce at 40% this thing out does it or right around. So it definitely pushes out some major flow.

I recommend if you been eyeing their stuff.

Sorry for the frogspawn that thing was at full throttle stock LOL. Was like a Hurricane.
I got one on prime day as well and for 30$ it’s better than my both my hydors together and 1/3 of the price! How do your corals move on the low tide function because I have mine at 40% but don’t have corals in the tank I put it in and am curious if the ebb and flow waves pushes and pulls them a bit.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one on prime day as well and for 30$ it’s better than my both my hydors together and 1/3 of the price! How do your corals move on the low tide function because I have mine at 40% but don’t have corals in the tank I put it in and am curious if the ebb and flow waves pushes and pulls them a bit.
still testing right now the suns down. I’m using stock programs with 40% power all the way through. Anything more than 40% in this tank is over kill. You could probably ramp it to 60% on a low frequency wave program. I will be testing that this weekend.

OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that’s their typo 1600gph theirs now way. But based on what I see at 100%. 600gph easily. That’s my guess based on the flow at 40%. At 100% lol your simulating a hurricane in a 13.5. But depending on the wave you use if the frequency is slow you could ramp to 60% etc. This weekend I will know. For the next two days I programmed it to run 40% on all time frames and waves lol, the tank was sloshing at 100%. Lol and this things tiny. So I’ll report back in 2 days. But I’m impressed. For a Nano this is your wavemaker. Small as hell.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back