Hyper-Melanization?

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some cyano bacteria is known to release toxins. Toxins that can kill invertebrates and at least cause stress in fishes. Hence weakening the immun responses in fishes. Looking at the pictures I can't rule out bacterial sepsis even if it is rather rare.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
M

MannyT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some cyano bacteria is known to release toxins. Toxins that can kill invertebrates and at least cause stress in fishes. Hence weakening the immun responses in fishes. Looking at the pictures I can't rule out bacterial sepsis even if it is rather rare.

Sincerely Lasse

I’ve read some strains of Cyano can be toxic, i just thought that it was rare for the Cyano in our aquariums to be the toxic kind. I found it odd that throughout the battle with dino and Cyano I hadn’t lost any livestock. It wasn’t until I introduced the CUC I purchased Saturday that things started to die off. Out of the CUC I introduced to my aquarium on Saturday, I’d say about half of them have died and my clown. The original leftover CUC I have is still alive though.

OP
OP
M

MannyT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the female still has the marks, but she’s still hanging in there. Is there anything I can do?

Also considering buying a 5g tank with hangon as a QT. I could get water from my buddy’s tank.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back