Hypo and CP together?

lagatbezan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched this but didn't really get a definite answer if CP can be used safely while in hypo. I know diamondback recommends it, but has anyone else done it? I'm currently running my qt at 1.009 to treat for flukes and it would be much easier if I can do CP at the same salinity (saves on salt as well as time needed to raise the sg slowly). whats the consensus of all the experts here? Thanks in advance.
#reefsquad @Humblefish @HotRocks @Big G @Brew12 @4FordFamily

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done it only once before with few tangs that had ick.
The problem with using multiple remedies together is that everything has its own side effect and then you're intensifying it and multiplying it by many times and the fish usually don't do better.
CP is very harsh and will suppress appetite and most fish will start showing signs of discomfort within a day or two and then if you do hypo along with it which carries low ph and discomfort to fish chances are you may do more harm than good I would stick to one remedy at a time.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched this but didn't really get a definite answer if CP can be used safely while in hypo. I know diamondback recommends it, but has anyone else done it? I'm currently running my qt at 1.009 to treat for flukes and it would be much easier if I can do CP at the same salinity (saves on salt as well as time needed to raise the sg slowly). whats the consensus of all the experts here? Thanks in advance.
#reefsquad @Humblefish @HotRocks @Big G @Brew12 @4FordFamily
I would not do the two concurrent, I agree with @Dr. Reef

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1.022 salinity

Back