Hypo and CP together?

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by lagatbezan, Oct 10, 2018.

1. lagatbezan

lagatbezan Active Member Build Thread Contributor

I searched this but didn't really get a definite answer if CP can be used safely while in hypo. I know diamondback recommends it, but has anyone else done it? I'm currently running my qt at 1.009 to treat for flukes and it would be much easier if I can do CP at the same salinity (saves on salt as well as time needed to raise the sg slowly). whats the consensus of all the experts here? Thanks in advance.
    #reefsquad @Humblefish @HotRocks @Big G @Brew12 @4FordFamily

jsker and 4FordFamily like this.
    Tags:

2. Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef Always at your service R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

I have done it only once before with few tangs that had ick.
    The problem with using multiple remedies together is that everything has its own side effect and then you're intensifying it and multiplying it by many times and the fish usually don't do better.
    CP is very harsh and will suppress appetite and most fish will start showing signs of discomfort within a day or two and then if you do hypo along with it which carries low ph and discomfort to fish chances are you may do more harm than good I would stick to one remedy at a time.

3. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

I would not do the two concurrent, I agree with @Dr. Reef

4. lagatbezan

Thank you guys for the advice. What would be the lowest sg that would be ideal?

jsker likes this.
  5. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

1.022 salinity

6. Dr. Reef

Dr. Reef Always at your service R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

For CP I would keep sg 1.021-1.026
    For hypo 1.009

lagatbezan likes this.
  7. lagatbezan

Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Draft saved Draft deleted