Hyposalinity or wait it out?

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks
My fallow period ended on Jan 15. It was unsuccessful. My Powder Brown Tang started showing signs of ich. He would get a few spots, but they usually went away in less than a day. Recently he has gotten it pretty bad. There have been no stressor added to the tank and he is the only one that has spots. His behavior is fine and eats like a pig (frozen, pellets, nori).
My question is would you begin hyposalinity now or wait it out? I will not put the fishes through the stress of fallow again.
Thanks

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you removed the fish and treated separately during the fallow period? If your fish are showing signs of ich I would be inclined to start whatever treatment you go with sooner as opposed to later (your other fish may have it but just not showing signs).

I haven't yet tried the hyposalinity method, but I've talked with a friend who recently did and it worked really well (only one fish didn't survive the transition).

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 172 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back