I’d help on Euphyllia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pierce
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pierce

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
12
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I bought this Euphyllia coral today. What do you guys think it is?

845188409dc732efd027d56ba2dc6ddf.jpg


ef99fbc9a4b5514c3677a56c65e4026d.jpg
 
2bd023c9a4bc848da94d601d441a97ec.jpg

The heads in the red circles make me think it’s frogspawn. Multiple heads per tentacle. Classic frogspawn feature. Hammers have one head per tentacle.
 
Thanks for all the input. I was leaning toward frogspawn. The sales person thought that it could be a hybrid and thought it was maybe a torch coral and possible frogspawn hybrid. I just have never heard of that.
 
I'd say hammer also I have a torch that has a couple tentacles with exter bits also a hammer.
 
@Pierce I was leaning more towards a Grape coral (Euphyllia cristata). Do the tentacles recede during the day?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new