I’m not sure I buy the 72 day ich claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire argument is in no way an opinion. And I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when you quote one word, "no"? You have clearly missed the point I am making, so go troll somebody else.
I was genuinely curious whether you had a point ..... clearly not (ooh, is that trolling). I can be forgiven I suppose for one out of 13,000 posts lol. Happy reefing!

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was genuinely curious whether you had a point ..... clearly not (ooh, is that trolling). I can be forgiven I suppose for one out of 13,000 posts lol. Happy reefing!
My point is the 72 day standard is 100% based of off irrelevant information,(cold water where ich has been documented to slow down its lifecycle) nobody has been able to deny that. Take it or leave it.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point is the 72 day standard is 100% based of off irrelevant information,(cold water where ich has been documented to slow down its lifecycle) nobody has been able to deny that. Take it or leave it.
A study is not irrevelvant simply because you believe it to be. Since the study has to do with Crypto and salt water fish it remains relevant. Yes, the conditions may be different from the study you are referring to but if you really want to prove it irrevelvant then go conduct your own study and use the conditions found in the reef keeping hobby.

Until then...

This thread is going nowhere, the horse is dead, stop beating it already.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    67 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A study is not irrevelvant simply because you believe it to be. Since the study has to do with Crypto and salt water fish it remains relevant. Yes, the conditions may be different from the study you are referring to but if you really want to prove it irrevelvant then go conduct your own study and use the conditions found in the reef keeping hobby.

Until then...

Go look at the article timfish posted that says 3-6 weeks citing 75-80 degree water.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Until then...

A study is absolutely not relevant if it is not conducted in the same conditions our fish live in. Especially if there are studys that show ich slows down in cold water, and said study is conducted in cold water.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have more than proved the 72 day rule is based on bad information. If you still choose not to buy it, then your mind is closed and nothing will convince you.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are ridiculous, you've proven nothing. An absence does not constitute proof of anything.
I gave you a paper citing the 3-6 weeks with an approval temp range. Yet you cling to a study in 68 degree water to dictate proper quarantine times. In my experience, 30 days has always been sufficient. 72 days is insanity unless somebody can give me anything to the contrary.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy. My post has more than proved. You feel better about yourself now?
No you haven’t. Others provided details that could back your claims. You personally supplied only text posts lol
Also to be fair. The post someone else put that you're talking about, was ment to discredit my argument and ending up supporting it.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok gang, lets take a step back and breath. Watch how we are talking to one another please.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evidence has been presented but a case has not been proven.

If you're up to it, you are welcome to study this further and submit findings to the scientific community but I don't have any reason to believe that you want to do that.

OP
OP
Lionfish hunter

Lionfish hunter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Evidence has been presented but a case has not been proven.

If you're up to it, you are welcome to study this further and submit findings to the scientific community but I don't have any reason to believe that you want to do that.
Everything you say is added with a nasty comment, I just can't take you seriously.

KeMiKiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see many people arguing to quarantine for 72 days because they site 1 specific study that showed a strain of ich was in the tomont stage for 72 days under quite cold conditions. These people argue to the death that there is a known strain of ich that needs 72 days. I argue there is NO such strain just because somebody got ich to live for 72 days in cold water. This is in no way relevant to reef keeping at 78 degrees, way no how. I am 45 days into quarantine because I am not positive I am right. But how could I be wrong? I am open to your thoughts but I’m about to end this insanely long quarantine. I have treated ich many times and copper always kills the ich in 14 days. And seeing as copper only kills the free swimmers, if there were this 72 day strain, I fail to see how copper would be so effective. I have seen as many false information claims on these forums as I have seen false claims in politics. I have to say, I don’t buy this one.
Huh? So you know that they proved a strain to live for 72 days but you are arguing what exactly?
Feel free to risk your fish all you want. I'll go with the scientific data.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Huh? So you know that they proved a strain to live for 72 days but you are arguing what exactly?
Feel free to risk your fish all you want. I'll go with the scientific data.
He came here looking for a fight.

While there is no new information provided in this thread, I would welcome a scientific study that more accurately represented the conditions found in reef keeping. I think we may concede that 45 days may be the shorter length of fallow time to beat crypto's life cycle but hasn't that always been the case? I also think that many people, like myself, would prefer to not roll that dice and stick to a longer fallow period. Crypto is a deadly parasite after all. Peace of mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back