I’m preparing to put together my scape, has someone had any success using cement like Quikrete I was hoping to find something I could use locally.

Victor8923

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m preparing to put together my scape, has someone had any success using cement like Quikrete I was hoping to find something I could use locally. I’ve heard good things about MARCO E-100 which is what I will go with if I have to but was just reaching out for suggestions to something I could hopefully find locally to get started on it today

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m preparing to put together my scape, has someone had any success using cement like Quikrete I was hoping to find something I could use locally. I’ve heard good things about MARCO E-100 which is what I will go with if I have to but was just reaching out for suggestions to something I could hopefully find locally to get started on it today
I can't speak on Quikrete. I built my reef with Marco Rock. I tacked the rock 1st with Seachem Reef Glue. Once I was satisfied with each section of 3, I back-filled with Instant Ocean epoxy. It worked out very well for me

JCTReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used E-Marco 400. It worked great and has a polymer built into the mix. You will break the rock before breaking the bond. So make sure you like it. Or be prepared to bust out the hammer and chisel. Lol.

OP
OP
Victor8923

Victor8923

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used E-Marco 400. It worked great and has a polymer built into the mix. You will break the rock before breaking the bond. So make sure you like it. Or be prepared to bust out the hammer and chisel. Lol.
Yeah, I was just seeing if I could get something locally as I didn’t feel like waiting for Marco e-400 to come in.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back