I’ve been admonished!

My bad, I joined, and I guess I never introduced myself. I am Pete and I live in Spring Valley Illinois. I have a 90 gallon tank with mixed corals and a few fish.
I haven’t made too many changes or additions lately mainly because we have been extremely busy with fighting my daughter in laws breast cancer, and this seems to take up most of my reef tank time. I made a short video showing the tank and fish this evening, if I’m lucky I’ll figure out how to post it here.
Looks like it’s too big, hmmmm…. maybe I’ll find a photo or two.
Looks like that worked.

337E7D32-EC67-449A-98A2-124F0744D398.jpeg

Welcome! Glad you joined. Nothing here is mandatory, but GORGEOUS tank so I am glad you came over to introduce yourself.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in IL:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
My bad, I joined, and I guess I never introduced myself. I am Pete and I live in Spring Valley Illinois. I have a 90 gallon tank with mixed corals and a few fish.
I haven’t made too many changes or additions lately mainly because we have been extremely busy with fighting my daughter in laws breast cancer, and this seems to take up most of my reef tank time. I made a short video showing the tank and fish this evening, if I’m lucky I’ll figure out how to post it here.
Looks like it’s too big, hmmmm…. maybe I’ll find a photo or two.
Looks like that worked.

337E7D32-EC67-449A-98A2-124F0744D398.jpeg
Welcome!! Beautiful tank!
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome Pete, glad you are here! I will be praying for your daughter in law and your family. From a cancer survivor I know how difficult this is.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new