I already broke my new RODI filtration unit.

nibes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I just got a new 75 gpd 6 stage RODI unit from BRS last week. I thought it would be good for me to learn about how to assemble the unit the other day. Long story short I need a new carbon filter, canister and several of the 1/4 inch threaded male to male nipples. I have no clue which ones to buy from BRS, does anyone have any experience with this? I’ve included some photos for reference, if someone can point me in the right direction for what to buy It would be much appreciated.

IMG_1925.jpeg IMG_1926.jpeg

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Search, Amazon and the like are you friend. You need a 10" filter housing and fittings. You don't have to buy from brs.

P.S. I bet the canister is fine if you just broke a 1/4 male fitting into the top. Just use a bolt extractor or right hand bit and take it slow, it will come out.

OP
OP
N

nibes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the reason I need a new canister is I put it together without the o-ring and I cannot get the dang thing to unscrew. We don’t have a Menards in San Diego I’ll see if Home Depot will have it. Thanks a million!

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run it under hot water along where the threads are for a bit. It should expand the plastic a tiny amount and you should be able to un screw it

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd email BRS with exactly what you said in the first post, including the picture and see what they say

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a rubber band style oil filter wrench to hold the lid while you use the canister wrench on the body and have someone help!

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love BRS don't get me wrong. But the best decision I have made in this hobby 14 years ago was buying Spectrapure RODI system. I bought it, took it out of the box, hooked it up to water, and for the last 14 years, (filter changes of course) it just works. I didn't have to Frankenstein anything, add anything, just filter changes. I highly suggest them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 95 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back