Did I screw up my RODI?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the deal. I bought a handheld TDS meter and tested my tap water. 52 ppm.

I then started looking at where the probes are connected to the RODI, and I found out the answer to why I was getting readings in position 1,2,3 of 1-0-0. There is no probe checking the incoming tap water. There is one after the RO, after the second DI, and then after the third DI (final water).

I called BRS and they said I could always move the them. I figured I would leave then where they are. I don't need to know what my tap water is as it is not being used for my tank.
That’s the best way to have them set up… after membrane and after di resin… tells you when the membrane is getting old and when to change di resin.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's the deal. I bought a handheld TDS meter and tested my tap water. 52 ppm.

I then started looking at where the probes are connected to the RODI, and I found out the answer to why I was getting readings in position 1,2,3 of 1-0-0. There is no probe checking the incoming tap water. There is one after the RO, after the second DI, and then after the third DI (final water).

I called BRS and they said I could always move the them. I figured I would leave then where they are. I don't need to know what my tap water is as it is not being used for my tank.

You kinda do so you know what to cover on output. I would do meters on
a line
b post RO
c post DI

It should come out to c < a*0.05

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back