I am brand new to aquariums!

triplesnipers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've recently been given a 5 gallon tank and so I thought I'd do some research on what to keep in it. I need to make sure whatever is kept in it is comfortable and lives a long life. I am open to any sort of guide on even if 5 gallons would be enough for saltwater creatures. Does anyone have experience in this regard? Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeing everyone's posts!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
You most definitely can do a 5 gallon "micro" tank with saltwater. The fish options are a bit limited, but you could do a variety of invertebrates.

If you do coral, try to stick with easier soft coral. Essentially no LPS or SPS because they need more balance than a micro reef usually can provide.

Here is an article on setting up a Reef Tank. There is way more info than you likely need, but better over prepared than under.

Brazilian Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I've recently been given a 5 gallon tank and so I thought I'd do some research on what to keep in it. I need to make sure whatever is kept in it is comfortable and lives a long life. I am open to any sort of guide on even if 5 gallons would be enough for saltwater creatures. Does anyone have experience in this regard? Thanks for reading, I look forward to seeing everyone's posts!
Welcome to R2R and happy reefing!

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You came to the right place

SaltyЯeeferNC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Rest esure you'll get plenty of guidance. I had a 3 gallon pico that turned into more of a nightmare, more than I could handle due to time constraints. Check out pico and nano forums. Lots of good information and good people that are willing to help make it much less pain staking.

1000001470.gif

Last edited:
Back