IMG_0826.jpeg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Here is a link to my 1.1 gallon build. It’s a little smaller than yours so I don’t keep fish, but it might have some ideas for corals and setup

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I have done all sorts of small tanks. But before starting, looking at coral and fish you are interested and think of keeping long term. Corals can outgrow small tanks. If you aren't going to start wanting every fish insight and have an idea of what you want, then 5 gallon is fine.

Failure in these comes from poor husbandry but you can do things to be proactive such as lids and/or ato. Large water changes or smaller water changes and dosing.

I have found success using limited equipment. Don't skip or try and save money on the light. This can be your biggest purchase. Buy exactly what you want and allow for upgrade later on. You can always dim or raise a light. You can only lower and turn up a light so far.

Decide how you want to maintain first and setup the tank the way it will best suit your time and how you want to maintain. I have been successful with tight fitting lid air pump and lights. Others have been with open top, ato mini skimmers and all sorts of dosing and equipment. I do weekly 100 percent changes, some do dosing and maybe once a month to even longer. Others don't even water change lol. All so far have been successful.

Daniel Radcliffe Howdy GIF by Oregon Trail

Back