Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad, without asking, used the bucket I use to make saltwater to go ice fishing (Without Me!). He put a fish he caught in it, and water from the lake. When I mentioned he couldn't do that he got mad at me and didn't apologize. Can I use that bucket again?

Absolutely, you can.

If your bucket is drinking water safe, which I assume it is, then it isn't going to be absorbing or leaching anything anyway and you have nothing to worry about. If I were you, I'd apologize to your dad and thank him for being cool enough to let you have a reef tank to begin with. Besides, I'm guessing he probably paid for the bucket anyway. LOL.

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, you can.

If your bucket is drinking water safe, which I assume it is, then it isn't going to be absorbing or leaching anything anyway and you have nothing to worry about. If I were you, I'd apologize to your dad and thank him for being cool enough to let you have a reef tank to begin with. Besides, I'm guessing he probably paid for the bucket anyway. LOL.
I paid for the reef tank and the bucket m8

OP
OP
Andreas' Reef

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im assuming youre a kid, so im gonna impart some life lessons. it is not worth getting 'super ticked off' over $3.48. especially when the person youre upset with owns your house/pays your electrical bill/etc.

if you do that youre gonna have one heck of a rough time with a lot of things.

1. I'm not a kid.
2. I got mad at him a bit, and I apologized later, but he didn't want to make ammends.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just shocked that there are people in the hobby that don't have extra buckets sitting around. In my room where my mixing station is I have 5 empty buckets from salt right now.
My recommendation would be to get a bigger tank so you use more salt and suddenly you will have extra buckets everywhere.

2. I got mad at him a bit, and I apologized later, but he didn't want to make ammends.
I would also be annoyed if my son got mad over a bucket as well.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use his coffee mug from here on out. I know water changes may get more tedious from here on out, but it’s going to be totally worth it with every 16oz of water you change over.
Use it to do your skimmer cup changes. And don't rinse it out.

jesspal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you really wanna teach him a lesson you should mow the lawn in a random zig zag pattern or wash his white new balance so they are bright and shiny.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joking aside, surely the Dad must have realised the bucket was being kept for the tank and not for general use, bit unreasonable for him to use it.

If me I would calmly explain the importance of the tank equipment being left alone, some people just don’t get the importance of this until it’s laid out plainly to them.

Shouting will only come across as a crazy person upset about a $5 bucket, explaining will probably work better.

hambandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. I'm not a kid.

1. What is your general age range? You dont have to be super specific if thats a scary question.
2. i feel like your answer for #1 will directly affect my answer for #2. I eagerly await your reply.

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We could easily overcome this issue with absolute insanity! Lets all band together and send this poor man and his son a truck full of buckets! Just imagine if you were the fisherman and each day a new bucket shows up after your son berated you for taking his bucket! All kidding aside you seriously need to talk to your dad and figure out why he didn't take you fishing with him!! Thats just not cool!

hambandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also be annoyed if my son got mad over a bucket as well.
I dont have a son, but i do have two young daughters. the older one (9) is generally upset about something most of the time. she is definitely annoying.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband never admits when he is wrong either. Not even to his kids, never says sorry. We accept it from him. He just can't. He does other things in the next day usually to say he is sorry. Just his way. A piece of candy he knows we like, small things. Just his way.

Most bugs I know of that are in fresh water will not survive in salt water either. Rinse, let dry for 24 hours. All better now.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad, without asking, used the bucket I use to make saltwater to go ice fishing (Without Me!). He put a fish he caught in it, and water from the lake. When I mentioned he couldn't do that he got mad at me and didn't apologize. Can I use that bucket again?
It’s a bucket of water... geez rinse it out...

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with what will give you piece of mind. I mean a bucket is under 5 bucks at lowes or home depot. But if this is more of a you were disrespected then. You will just have to make peace with that. Srry hope it works out for u.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break Up Fighting GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 171 67.6%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back