Status
Not open for further replies.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dad, without asking, used the bucket I use to make saltwater to go ice fishing (Without Me!). He put a fish he caught in it, and water from the lake. When I mentioned he couldn't do that he got mad at me and didn't apologize. Can I use that bucket again?

hambandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if youre worried about it, go to home depot and buy a new bucket. spraypaint it pink. stencil "saltwater only" or something along those lines. follow the same procedure above.

actually now that i think about it idk about your dad but my dad is colorblind and may not care about a pink bucket. this may not work.

hambandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im assuming youre a kid, so im gonna impart some life lessons. it is not worth getting 'super ticked off' over $3.48. especially when the person youre upset with owns your house/pays your electrical bill/etc.

if you do that youre gonna have one heck of a rough time with a lot of things.

cheelayqeelay

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ask your dad since he didn’t take you ice fishing to rinse the bucket for ya and if you can go with him next time.

Bucket will be just fine.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without Me!
How could he! I think that was the worst he did :( Just clean up the bucket and let it dry but never ever forgive him for going fishing without you :p

Sincerely Lasse

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bleach it, air dry and you should be good to go. Don't get mad at your dad over something so small. Don't get mad at your dad over bigger things either. Sooner or later you will need him to help you through life. For buckets, get in good with a local bakery. I used to give my LFS so many buckets, they were giving them away.

Galiant50

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im assuming youre a kid, so im gonna impart some life lessons. it is not worth getting 'super ticked off' over $3.48. especially when the person youre upset with owns your house/pays your electrical bill/etc.

if you do that youre gonna have one heck of a rough time with a lot of things.

What this guy said.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the same bucket for carrying water to my caiman, I used all of my buckets to move some river-rock.

I have never done more than a simple tap water with OOOOHHHHH SCARY COPPER PIPES and all......

Using a 5g bucket for water changes, I’m guessing you’re changing at least 4 gallons or so at a time..... so a bit of residue won’t hurt

Dilution is the solution to pollution

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like you're more upset about him going fishing without you than him using your bucket....I would be too.. btw, bucket will be fine after a quick rinse.

Attachments

• VID-20200202-WA0049.mp4
    81.2 KB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yes- run cold water through it via bathtub and dry outside
OR .....

buy a new one at Walmart- $1.88

and present to him as an ice fishing bucket, shake hands and get along

FMF0331

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bucket will be fine, rinse it out or buy a new one. No need to get upset, life happens. I got mad at my dad once .. haven't spoken to him in 4 years, dumbest thing i ever did. Those 4 years are NEVER coming back.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bucket will be fine, rinse it out or buy a new one. No need to get upset, life happens. I got mad at my dad once .. haven't spoken to him in 4 years, dumbest thing i ever did. Those 4 years are NEVER coming back.
from the outside looking in it appears 2021 is a good time to cut the pride, make amends and go back to not regretting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back