I believe my live rock is leeching phosphate. Is it safe to remove in order to get under control in DT?

OP
OP
E

elchopo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a second state stereo at a garage sale about a decade ago for a dollar in nearly mint condition. There still might be hope... hope for that tank too.
omg. It's always been my "holy grail" record to find. I always look for Ringos black shirt lol. I have had chances to buy bad peels but nothing worth what they were wanting.

The hunt for that and a primed tank continues!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that one and a peeled cover in the wild. Missing the record is no big deal since it is a $3 record.

I purchased my other ones. I have 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both stereo and mono. I remember buying one of the nicest peels that I had ever seen for like $100 and feeling like it was too much. How stupid was I? I bid at the starting price at an online auction for the stereo first state as mostly a joke from a well-known house with provenance and I was the only bid and ended up getting it. I got offers for it for like 5 years while the house had the auction up on their site and they would pass along the inquiries that they got. I mostly just wanted to tell people that I bid on a first state Butcher, but I got a nice surprise. I think that I put photos of all of them in my build thread when somebody asked if that photo was of my family, or something like that.

I do not have any records as valuable as those, but I have many others that I like more. My favorite is probably a LEGIT first press Blue Train that is still sealed and signed by Coltrane. I also have a White Album with number less than 500. I have a few Bowie and White Stripes signed stuff that I really like too. Turquoise Led with 2 signatures.

It is nearly impossible to find this stuff anymore, but garage sales are your only hope. Thrift and junk shops are picked through. We have a few good stores that have some really nice stuff, but you have to pay up.

OP
OP
E

elchopo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that one and a peeled cover in the wild. Missing the record is no big deal since it is a $3 record.

I purchased my other ones. I have 1st, 2nd and 3rd in both stereo and mono. I remember buying one of the nicest peels that I had ever seen for like $100 and feeling like it was too much. How stupid was I? I bid at the starting price at an online auction for the stereo first state as mostly a joke from a well-known house with provenance and I was the only bid and ended up getting it. I got offers for it for like 5 years while the house had the auction up on their site and they would pass along the inquiries that they got. I mostly just wanted to tell people that I bid on a first state Butcher, but I got a nice surprise. I think that I put photos of all of them in my build thread when somebody asked if that photo was of my family, or something like that.

I do not have any records as valuable as those, but I have many others that I like more. My favorite is probably a LEGIT first press Blue Train that is still sealed and signed by Coltrane. I also have a White Album with number less than 500. I have a few Bowie and White Stripes signed stuff that I really like too. Turquoise Led with 2 signatures.

It is nearly impossible to find this stuff anymore, but garage sales are your only hope. Thrift and junk shops are picked through. We have a few good stores that have some really nice stuff, but you have to pay up.
Yeah, same. I just enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I love collecting stuff. I don't really even listen to the records but I have a playlist on my phone of all my records that I get.

My coolest find was a minty The Dead Milkmen – Eat Your Paisley. Which I never heard of and I don't really even care for. It was just one of those weird things that I thought might have some value.

My Beatles collection is really big but obviously nothing compared to any butcher albums.

I have an OG Odessey and Oracle signed by the group too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back