I broke it...question

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was getting some new frags settled in the sand bed today and I broke my green birds nest completely off my rock work. I knew it was a bit precarious where it was and I was bumping it a lot working in the tank so not shocking. i couldn’t get it back into its old spot and angle, it’s just too big now and heavy for the glue to hold like it was, so it’s in a similar spot but angled totally different, so from the front of the tank a lot of the side that was getting less light is showing. Less green, more pinkish, kwim? Will these areas now that they have lots of light green up and get more polypy? Please say yes. It’s hard enough to get used this being in a different place but also now doesn’t look as colorful and lush from my view on the couch.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was getting some new frags settled in the sand bed today and I broke my green birds nest completely off my rock work. I knew it was a bit precarious where it was and I was bumping it a lot working in the tank so not shocking. i couldn’t get it back into its old spot and angle, it’s just too big now and heavy for the glue to hold like it was, so it’s in a similar spot but angled totally different, so from the front of the tank a lot of the side that was getting less light is showing. Less green, more pinkish, kwim? Will these areas now that they have lots of light green up and get more polypy? Please say yes. It’s hard enough to get used this being in a different place but also now doesn’t look as colorful and lush from my view on the couch.
It should eventually look how it used to, I would just leave it now. If you had epoxy that may have helped with the positioning.

OP
OP
Kris 2020

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should eventually look how it used to, I would just leave it now. If you had epoxy that may have helped with the positioning.
Thank you for responding! i have epoxy and super glue and accelerator....I had to keep getting bigger and bigger gobs of epoxy with each fail. It grew from a little frag kind of out sideways off the rock...but I couldn’t get it to stay now that it’s the size of a blooper ball.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for responding! i have epoxy and super glue and accelerator....I had to keep getting bigger and bigger gobs of epoxy with each fail. It grew from a little frag kind of out sideways off the rock...but I couldn’t get it to stay now that it’s the size of a blooper ball.
Yeah, I'd just leave it now. Those are hardy, it should color back up on the areas that are now getting light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back