I cant get my icecap to run

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I am stuck in an update loop. I update to 160, it shows that the update is complete, then I get the same notification that says I am running 150 and I can update to 160???????
1598675517932.png

So I update
1598675577309.png

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, im sirprised tgey had not offered u a reolacement.

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, im sirprised tgey had not offered u a reolacement.
I need to find manual controllers that will drive these pumps. I dont really need wifi, but I need dependability. These pumps are moving water in my 200 gallon SPS growout system. There is a ton of Acros and other sps. I cant afford a pump shut down. I really only need minimal functions from these pumps. I asked @Michael@CoralVue about manual controllers but he didnt answer the question.

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I am stuck in an update loop. I update to 160, it shows that the update is complete, then I get the same notification that says I am running 150 and I can update to 160???????
1598675517932.png

So I update
1598675577309.png
Mine did the same thing yesterday. I closed the app and reopened it and it showed the updated version.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what make and model is your phone/tablet?
perhaps the hydros app needs some permision to install or use a certificate in the certificate store.

i have an iphone and i didnt need to do anything to allow this, but i am not sure if it is the same with android

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what make and model is your phone/tablet?
perhaps the hydros app needs some permision to install or use a certificate in the certificate store.

i have an iphone and i didnt need to do anything to allow this, but i am not sure if it is the same with android
I have an iphone running 13.6.1

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also had issues getting mine to connect at first. Flashing red lights, not connecting to the app, and error messages. I know you’ve probably already done so, but shut them down, unplug everything, close out the app and start them up again. The flashing reds reset when I unplugged everything. Believe me, I feel your frustration! I hope they offer a solution...as a fellow icecap owner this is deeply concerning. :confused:

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your experience. I absolutely love mine. There is a bit of a learning curve to set it up for sure. I don’t think bashing the company here is helping anyone though. Call them and see what they can do.

Michael@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you having troubles.. The frustration can be real and I get that. We have a support team waiting to help you . Please submit a ticket at www.coralvue.com/support , you can email us directly at [email protected]. One of the reps will be able to help you!

We are more than willing to help you , but we do have a process. This is the best most effective way to get your issues resolved in a timely manner. :)

Tampaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure you have tried this but...
Reset your router. Reset your phone. The controller gets real finicky if it ever looses wifi even for a second. Many routers now require you to allow devices through the built-in firewalls. When I used the router that came with my ISP, the pumps rarely worked. Switched to a higher end Nighthawk router and have been good since.
Now reverse is still a goose chase and please chime in on my other post to rally for reverse. Carlos and Jeff stated we need enough people asking for reverse as a stand alone option for them to include it in future updates. Great pumps, not so great software imo.
Good Luck!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to find manual controllers that will drive these pumps. I dont really need wifi, but I need dependability. These pumps are moving water in my 200 gallon SPS growout system. There is a ton of Acros and other sps. I cant afford a pump shut down. I really only need minimal functions from these pumps. I asked @Michael@CoralVue about manual controllers but he didnt answer the question.

I am pretty sure the new Maxspect JUMP 2K/4K controller will work. It has manual buttons and a dial. There's no WiFi/Bluetooth to mess with. Unlike the IceCap controller, it only powers and controls 1 pump per controller. We don't have them available as a sold separately option since the JUMP Gyres literally just arrived, but I contacted my team back at headquarters in Louisiana and they confirmed that we will, indeed, offer them. So that may be an option for you.

We are rolling out a new app today, though, and it's worlds better than the original. We think you'll be pleased!

Join us on today's livestream to learn more!

HYDROS LIVE V2.png

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back