I can't use MyGHL (again)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else have constant access issues with both the myghl.com website and the GHL connect app (on Android)?

After months of not being able to access my P3 via either method I deleted my P3 and re-added it again. I got it added OK however everytime I try to connect to it it fails.

Connecting to the inbuilt webservice on the P3 works 100% of the time.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? It's very frustrating - especially if I am travelling.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to your P3 through the actual web address My GHL?
Can you PING your P3 on your home network?
In your home network do you have more than 1 router? I ask this because I have 2 routers and when my devices use the wrong router I can’t connect to my Profilux. So I need to make sure I am using the correct router.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you connect to your P3 through the actual web address My GHL?
Can you PING your P3 on your home network?
In your home network do you have more than 1 router? I ask this because I have 2 routers and when my devices use the wrong router I can’t connect to my Profilux. So I need to make sure I am using the correct router.
From external to my home network I can reach my P3 using the built in webserver EVERY TIME without fail (on port 80).

I cannot reach it EVER when using MYGHL.COM or the GHL Connect app. It can register, but never be accessed.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You basically just repeated what you wrote in the first post.. sounds like you don’t have things set up correct. Best thing I can say is go through all these videos And see where you went wrong.

Also I find that the WIFI name for my GHL is NOT what they call it in the videos. Look for something like this: ESP_26D27B

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @AZMSGT - none of the video's have the answer as I have successfully registered the device. I know some of the below is repeating the OP again however I've taken some screen shots (all screen shots are done from work - so not local to the device) to try and further explain.

My P3 is connected to my home network (The P3 doesn't have WiFi - I have a cable to my router). Network connectivity is working OK inside my network (I can use GCC 100% of the time successfully on the local IP).

Before starting this thread I de-registered and re-registered my device to my MyGHL account (basically doing the process in the 1st video you linked to ) - it registers and shows up fine (so it does have connectivity to MyGHL or else it would error during the registration process)

1578547653138.png

however when I try and connect I get the Establishing connection

1578547693229.png

Followed by a generic error about the P4/Mitras WiFi firmware levels (I have a Profilux 3, not a 4)

1578547764803.png

@Vinny@GHLUSA - I have noticed that there is now a section on MyGHL for User/Shares. No idea what this is about. Do I need to add something in here for a Profilux3?
1578548490670.png

When I use a DNS name (I own a domain namespace) and port forwarding on my home router I can connect to the device's built in WebGUI

1578547869068.png

The Profilux is running the latest firmware

1578548087432.png

I have tried MyGHL from Chrome, Edge and IE11. I have had multiple devices at work behind a Proxy and directly connected to the internet. I have also tried the browser from my phone - once again connected to WiFi and the Mobile Cell towers. I ca always authenticate to MyGHL but it get through to my device.

For the GHL connect App on my phone, both WiFi and Cell - nothing works.

The built in Web GUI is OK, but hasn't been developed in a long time (understandable). I'd love to be able to use MyGHL /GHL connect but can't.

Is anyone else using it to connect to a Profilux 3? Does it work reliably for them?

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have a P3 and a P4. I set up the P3 a couple of weeks ago onto mycould without in about 3 mins flat.

Have you been able to successfully generate the security key via GCC software for myghl.

I would suggest as a starter to delete that device from your myghl and start again with the install/security key process.

Screenshots of your Comms settings in GCC would be more useful to allow people to assist you further.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If this is still an issue, please open a support ticket for further assistance.

Fmelindy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you solve this issue? I am having similar experience... cant reliably connect to ghl connect. No problems with direct connection through usb, but not through myghl, very unreliable. I am also connected to the router via direct cable connection to my profilux 3.1

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just resolved this. It was user error. Check your ip settings via GCC. You may want to check your DNS and maybe use the standard 8.8.8.8

OP
OP
M

Macca_75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just resolved this. It was user error. Check your ip settings via GCC. You may want to check your DNS and maybe use the standard 8.8.8.8
Are you saying to set the DNS server on the Profilux to google's instead of my ISP?

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.0%
Back