trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its a red sea squirt. I need to add it to my id page. Thanks
Thank you!

unfortunately I don’t think it made the trip, but still nice to know what it was.

For those of you who’ve gotten live rock before:
I’ve got the rock curing in a bin that is serving as a temporary tank to get my live rock and substrate cycled until my new tank arrives next month.

my plan is to do 50% water changes daily until the ammonia stops being produced. Does that seem reasonable for this? With organisms this big dying off, I don’t really want to put it in my 15 gallon nano and risk my fish.

I checked the ammonia yesterday and today before the 50% water change and it’s reading about 2 ppm along with 2 ppm nitrite via API.

Second question: should I put a light over it for the coralline to stay alive? I’ve already got it near some indirect light next to a window, but I’m hoping to save the good stuff on the rocks. Not sure if light is absolutely necessary, but I’ve got a spare AI prime I could throw over it if it could be helpful.

3A30C901-5B78-4299-B346-48028E93537E.jpeg F1F0B97F-FE63-47B9-BE49-403385A3DD13.jpeg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back