I don’t know what to do anymore

Sceh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is now around 1.5 years old, the whole green algae started couple pf months ago. Just a litle at first but then it started to explode.like everything is covered... everythink, at forat I cleaned the rock regularly scraping it off, was managable looked okay. Bit now The tank is just ugly... always i took the measurements nitrates and phosphates were low, nitrates around 10 phospates around 0,05. I have problems with to low ph but can’t bring it up, don’t know how, my kh is around 9 always.
There are 2 clowns and 1 soft coral in ther and i think 5-8 snail and a bunch of small snails.
I don’t think I overfeed the fish, just as much they can eat.
The tank is around 80liters, i have 2 filters with one having bio palets, the other active carbon and phosphateminus(aquaforest), 1 AI prime on from 1PM to 10.40 PM plus a small lunar light till 2AM
The tank has a auto top off.
I seriously don’t know what to do anymore, the tank was so nice but now I can’t look at it
Pleas if you got any sugestions anything, I would be grateful

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would watch this:

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd try a supplement. Something like Vibrant or Microbacter Clean to get it back under control. Then maybe beef up your CUC a little.

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple of urchins, algae eating snails and crabs. They'll make quick work of it.

Same thing happened to me, and you could see the trails the inverts cut through the algae.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back