I dont like euphyllia

gatohoser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’ll throw my lot in with the sinking ship that is the euphyllia haters. When I was a kid starting the hobby 20 years ago they were cheap as dirt and I rarely saw one that wasn’t green with purple tips. Meanwhile acros come in the most amazing rainbow colors. And their growth form.... I just can’t buy a euphyllia with the prices being asked. They’re cool enough and I do have one octo I bought when I started my tank and a freebie grape coral but they’ never grab my attention like my sticks.

Alllll that being said I imagine the appeal is the movement. It’s why my wife is a bit of a fan but I always just think “why not a prettier BTA at a fraction the cost and happy to host a clown instead of sometimes bothered by it?” I suppose their penchant to move around is the downside...

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya ill stick with the anenome. Lol
Peter no i have non currently.
S
Appreciate the answer @monkeyCmonkeyDo and I am a big fan of yours!

The first thing people notice in my tank Is the motion of the torches. Then they get to the different coral colors and then the fish.

I am in awe of this incredible combination of movement, color, and life all contained in this small saltwater aquarium. The diversity of our oceans are just as vast as the differences in people‘s opinions.

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love torches and other euphyllia (mainly torches) and I’d love to have a tank full of them when I start stocking. I agree that some variants are bland looking and not interesting. I do find, just like anything, the better they look, the more pricey they are which is a bummer. Not stopping me from getting them though.

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your torches! Understand the challenges in keeping them and sometime they do break your heart!

But if the love didn’t outweigh the hate, they won’t be in your tank!
Thank you!!
BTW: What are those under your torches? They are beautiful! They look like montis... Is that orange one a mindbender?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty peter! Just reef talk :)
I enjoy it very much.
D
And that’s why I love when you start these discussions. Not only find them fascinating but most importantly very educational.

I see people always asking for great books to read on Saltwater Aquariums. My opinion is that they are better off reading this site. Great timely information and the different experiences and perspectives that many times you didn’t even know about.

Looking forward to reading and learning from your next topic!

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Asd HG and TCK Master
3BF9636B-2714-47FF-A7A4-75DA7710C87F.jpeg
2C0936AF-DBFD-4FB9-8DE9-7D1779506F71.jpeg

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!!
BTW: What are those under your torches? They are beautiful! They look like montis... Is that orange one a mindbender?
I believe it’s just a red monti. Camera filter is making it look better!

Staghorn

Original Reef Gangster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like you just walked into a biker bar, insulted everyone in the place, walked out, kicked the entire row of bikes over, and now your sitting on the bench across the street with a huge grin.
Your probably going to have to do the peewee Herman dance to get out of here alive!

Last edited:

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one that gets me is mushrooms I remember when I first started ppl would give them away if ppl would take them lol now I seen the price of them and that would be the day I would pay that for mushrooms I don’t care what colour they are lol

OrangeCountyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said it.
Not a fan. Lol.
Crazy the prices i see on lps euphyllia corals these days. Vendors and coral farmers had a hard time selling me that stuff when it was $20 for a head of super bright green torch. Now i dont think u could give it to me. Even with the high re sale value on it. Lol!

Takes up space. Not super pretty imo. The flow is kool i guess but i can get that with a softy.
Hammers eh. Frogspawn is probaby the most intresting to me but its just like the hammers and torches! Lol.
Green. Purple. Gold yellow. Or occasionally i see pink. No rainbow. Now real growth to watch or be amazed at. It takes awhile for them to actually form a ball colony or group.
Idk i just dont see the value. Anyone else?
D
Yea this isn’t pretty at all, no idea why anyone would want these in their tank...

A28B5347-AAEF-4FBD-B065-DA98367853FE.jpeg

Last edited:
Back