I dont like euphyllia

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ lies.of.deception! Fuelman has a tank just.for em. Lol.
D
i felt it necessary to do my civic duty & provide a home for all the wayward unwanted euphyllia so they don't end up homeless. poor euphyllia nobody loves them hahaha.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i felt it necessary to do my civic duty & provide a home for all the wayward unwanted euphyllia so they don't end up homeless. poor euphyllia nobody loves them hahaha.
My torch is very pretty ... but it really started a mess in my tank. I'll love it more when it stops creating lightning strikes on other corals.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch is very pretty ... but it really started a mess in my tank. I'll love it more when it stops creating lightning strikes on other corals.
ya they are good at that. first rule of fight club, we don't talk about fight club lol.

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mine
frogspawn.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said it.
Not a fan. Lol.
Crazy the prices i see on lps euphyllia corals these days. Vendors and coral farmers had a hard time selling me that stuff when it was $20 for a head of super bright green torch. Now i dont think u could give it to me. Even with the high re sale value on it. Lol!

Takes up space. Not super pretty imo. The flow is kool i guess but i can get that with a softy.
Hammers eh. Frogspawn is probaby the most intresting to me but its just like the hammers and torches! Lol.
Green. Purple. Gold yellow. Or occasionally i see pink. No rainbow. Now real growth to watch or be amazed at. It takes awhile for them to actually form a ball colony or group.
Idk i just dont see the value. Anyone else?
D
Nope

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not know that actually. I have these enormous mushrooms that are trying to smother my zoas but I did not know that they stung. Thanks. I learned something new today!
I am learning so much about coral behavior this week. My Anthelias got stung by a Torch and (even though I moved it) it has started shedding polyps to create new colonies all over my tank. It's like sending superman babies out from Krypton to ensure the survival of the species on new rocks. Everywhere I look, I am finding more. It's kind of freaking me out.
Here’s my rhodactis battling with a blue discosoma. Notice how I side of the rhodactis has bright neon tips. I suspect that’s it concentrating its nematocyst to fight the discosoma.

Attachments

• 599A0503-6AFB-4111-9E5F-1CBE5D5EBAB7.jpeg
    599A0503-6AFB-4111-9E5F-1CBE5D5EBAB7.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 59
  • C7A6D184-0915-4367-942B-D1B27138076D.jpeg
    C7A6D184-0915-4367-942B-D1B27138076D.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 57

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I said it.
Not a fan. Lol.
Crazy the prices i see on lps euphyllia corals these days. Vendors and coral farmers had a hard time selling me that stuff when it was $20 for a head of super bright green torch. Now i dont think u could give it to me. Even with the high re sale value on it. Lol!

Takes up space. Not super pretty imo. The flow is kool i guess but i can get that with a softy.
Hammers eh. Frogspawn is probaby the most intresting to me but its just like the hammers and torches! Lol.
Green. Purple. Gold yellow. Or occasionally i see pink. No rainbow. Now real growth to watch or be amazed at. It takes awhile for them to actually form a ball colony or group.
D
I feel like you just walked into a biker bar, insulted everyone in the place, walked out, kicked the entire row of bikes over, and now your sitting on the bench across the street with a huge grin.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we could start calling them all Euphylliidae instead, but for practical purposes I think Euphyllia works fine.
Right, i don’t think many in the hobby will start calling them Fimbriaphyllia. Like we can try but most hobbyist and even online would still refer to them as Euphyllia. So yeah sure we could start referring to them by their new genus but like mentioned it is more practical to identify them as Euphyllia for now.

OP
OP
monkeyCmonkeyDo

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please dont call acans micromussas. Lol!
Rhizo coral which is illegal to import but not to aquaculture should be refered to as a flabellum coral! Lol. For trade sake purposes of course... help the trade and hobby. Stop machine gun kellying it down! Yes i did just kick all the bikes over... i did it online though from a distance. I wouldnt stick around the biker bar across the street cmon! Lol
D

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is subjective. I just don’t agree with your opinion “Not super pretty” wrt to euphyllia. I find them stunning. Oddly, I feel that way only when they haven’t overwhelmed the tank and are part of a larger variety of corals. But also feel that way about everything.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I said it.
Not a fan. Lol.

D
5F7E5B66-B2EF-479D-BCB2-8F1F84F1BCB5.jpeg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back