Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you follow a lot of forums (and I do), you pretty much perform the same operations in each forum. But when there's no consistency between designs and layouts, you essentially have to learn for each forum how to perform that basic set of operations. Then once you do learn it, someone decides there's a better way. They don't add or change anything in terms of function that's important to me. They simply feel the changes make it "better".

Tapatalk was a way around this in that you could get a consistent ui for all the forums you follow and it was small screen friendly. But now it's gotten, for me, too complicated and I no longer use it. Plus browsers for small devices have gotten better .

With this particular forum there's a difference in the menu items presented on a Windows system vs. Android. With the Windows system using Chrome, the Mark Forums Read function is left-most item. Watched Forums is 3rd from the left. On Android, also using Chrome, Watched Forums is left-most and Mark Forums Read is buried under the ... furthest to the right!

There is a common design out there that a lot of sites use without a whole lot of modification and I find those sites easiest to navigate with a familiar interface. It's called vBulletin. You'll know it when you see it (a la RC).

I understand there's competition for users between sites that essentially provide the same kinds or discussion topics, but let's please not use ui design as a tool to compete. For now I've pretty much re-learned how to do things here. Took a while, but I got there. I'm sure it won't last.

Well since you're new I'll cut you some slack. ;) You don't know that we have been on Vbulletin for the past, umm 9 years! Your "a la RC" will have to change from the VB software at some point as well since it's development is going down the toilet. It's not a perfect but it's what it is. We moved because we had to and we moved before most other reefing sites. Most will follow suite or die in the future.

The more you know.... ;)

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont get it, this site is literally the exact same as before layout wise. It seems as people will complain to complain. Ive used the website, mobile, and tapatalk and there is literally no difference then before besides the newer updated design. I love the new update it has only made everything easier for me

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haters gonna hate ainters gonna aint

It's like a fine wine. I love it more and more, every time I use it. I want to see all the haters in 3 months admit how much they love it now.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't know if you put me in the category of a hater or not, but I'm still getting bumped to the last post or last page of most threads I click on. Even if I haven't been to that thread before. That I don't care for at all.
Some seem to work as it should, but it does get old having to scroll to the top of a thread to see what the op said.

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is the same, just newer looking IMO. Everything is literally in the same place at least forum wise lol

Where is the seller/buyer feedback transaction at? I want to buy from some members but don't see the usual seller feedback.

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is the seller/buyer feedback transaction at? I want to buy from some members but don't see the usual seller feedback.

I have never bought from another seller on here so i have no clue about that, sorry. Only have purchased from vendors

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Touring

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right under your avatar it use to show your feedback. that way people would know to trust you or not.

geckoejon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it just me, or did the font in the new format significantly decrease in size? i now have to squint to read on here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back