I don't like the new update

Status
Not open for further replies.

acolotto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is the same, just newer looking IMO. Everything is literally in the same place at least forum wise lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry guys....

The MAIN reason we changed software was because the software we were own was outdated and not being developed like it should. It was gong downhill fast. This software is what most all forums will be going to if they have not.

Why don't you guys tell me exactly what you don't like so I can see what I can do?

bsstover

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm torn. I really like the fresh looking update. I like most that when I'm typing a post that it is smooth and error free, whereas before it always seemed to drop letters and I had to retype things a dozen times. What I do miss is the quick links to the side of the page to go directly to forum sections (dry good for sale, etc). I have been having difficulty navigating to these pages as often as I used to. I have also noticed that since the update, the reef2reef app doesn't send me notifications of posts to subscribed pages any more. Not sure if this is just a setting thing or everyone else is as lost as I am about finding some forum sections and just aren't posting. All in all, I think the update is good and as with everything new, adaptation is needed.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it. It looks bright and fresh and everything else seems the same save for a few new things that, again, I like. By the way.... I had to update my app and resign in to it for it to start giving me updates again. just FYI Good job Rev

sucker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys....

The MAIN reason we changed software was because the software we were own was outdated and not being developed like it should. It was gong downhill fast. This software is what most all forums will be going to if they have not.

Why don't you guys tell me exactly what you don't like so I can see what I can do?

Sorry but I don't like it. Main page and format is also confusing me
The avatar display in main page next to the threat title takes too much space. Have to click on the 1st page in order to go to the last page. Mobile version is not look good anymore
I missed the old :(

zwulfke

Reefer Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

John F. Kennedy

its modern probably more secure and looks to have many new features. Then again I am an IT guy lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are still things from that we did on the old site that we will be doing here.

I just added the quick list back up but I have to work on the formatting to make it look better. But it's there!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a fan but I admit, I'm not a fan of changes in things I'm comfortable with. I like the smaller home page for starters.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not a fan but I admit, I'm not a fan of changes in things I'm comfortable with. I like the smaller home page for starters.

The home page wasn't smaller. Same exact size.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think we just don't like changes.

I miss how we could see new listing from sponsors on the left.

New threads for sale and also new posts as soon as we came to r2r.

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! I think it's refreshing. Way more modern and less cluttered than before. All the naysayers will forget they hated it 3 months or less.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Keep in mind that Rev is still doing some fine tuning, so the feedback you guys give is extremely helpful. Please make it as constructive as possible. Rev is working to make your R2R experience the best that it can possibly be (just as he always has), and even if you don't see it just yet, this update is part of that! So stick with us, work with us, and help us make this new format even better than the old one! :)

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For this new update, I like a new look, so refreshing modern look and some parts I don't like muck....
When looking at the thread, it doesn't show who started (if that's from member but it shows if that's from a vendor ) I stead it shows name of recent post...
As a statement above, I have to get on a first page to go to the latest page.
If I wanna see today thread /post, I don't see anything to click on to fund em (old one has one),
I wouldn't mind have or not sponsor listing on the left column.

Saybng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fan..yet...home pic looks boring and blurry, its a little confusing. But I'm sure we will all get used to it.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give it time. Another forum I belong to, non fishy, also recently changed and has basically the same format. After playing with it a bit it is actually nice.

I imagine everything that was, will be again. There are even some cool new features that this new design allow. Give it time and rather then just rushing to post judgement, take your time and look around and you will find something you like about it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For this new update, I like a new look, so refreshing modern look and some parts I don't like muck....
When looking at the thread, it doesn't show who started (if that's from member but it shows if that's from a vendor ) I stead it shows name of recent post...
As a statement above, I have to get on a first page to go to the latest page.
If I wanna see today thread /post, I don't see anything to click on to fund em (old one has one),
I wouldn't mind have or not sponsor listing on the left column.

Working to make the font bigger where you can see it but that info is there. Also working on the latest posts issue when you click the threads.

Untitled-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back