Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like the iTrader may have gone away?? I don't see any of the feedback scores

Edit: looks like I type slow ^^^^^^^^^ Harry asked the same Q

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gives me a bother also. There has been quite a few things off and on I run into where I am like huh. But within a day they are fixed. Love learning hate change. I remember my 1st day here. It was the same as monday but tue, wed, and thur were all the same also as I figured out the format and became more comfy with it to where I am today with it.
The post thing bugs me tho. I like seeing the thread starter along with most recent post.
Bet if it was still blue background most things folks wouldnt even notice. It'll be a great thing in the end.
Better than an out of no where crash leaving the site down with threads lost due to outdated format

That happened to or local forum, site was hacked and 2 years of posts gone forever-

I'm sure the new look will take a little time to get used to but after dealing with a rebuild on the other local forum - Im more than positive this is a good thing.
:)

Reefhunter007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm torn. I really like the fresh looking update. I like most that when I'm typing a post that it is smooth and error free, whereas before it always seemed to drop letters and I had to retype things a dozen times. What I do miss is the quick links to the side of the page to go directly to forum sections (dry good for sale, etc). I have been having difficulty navigating to these pages as often as I used to. I have also noticed that since the update, the reef2reef app doesn't send me notifications of posts to subscribed pages any more. Not sure if this is just a setting thing or everyone else is as lost as I am about finding some forum sections and just aren't posting. All in all, I think the update is good and as with everything new, adaptation is needed.
Where are the for sale or trade forums anyway I can't find them can any one help I'm on the fence with this new change!!

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are still things from that we did on the old site that we will be doing here.

I just added the quick list back up but I have to work on the formatting to make it look better. But it's there!

I do not think it is features or what was done or not done.

It just looks bad.

And it is harder to read things.

The Old Site was absolutly perfect.

Why did you change it?

If it is not broke then don't fix it.

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get this with every software release I have to train clients on... always takes some effort to accept change.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working to make the font bigger where you can see it but that info is there. Also working on the latest posts issue when you click the threads.

Untitled-9.jpg

Another Problem.

I look for certain Vendors to read their posts specifically.

It was quick and super easy before.

Now I have to strain my eyes and it seems like it takes forever to find what I am looking for.

If I didn't like this site so much I would leave and never come back.

If any other internet site switched to this I would have already left.

I try to be Positive with everything in life but with this I just cannot.

If it is an upgrade why has nothing improved?

It all took a turn for the worse.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can make it so I can tell which sponsor the thread belongs to at a glance of the list on the front page then it would be nice. I can't tell which is which. It just shows title who's is the last to post in that particular thread. I think the old format shows the sponsors name in the list. Sorry I'm also a creature of routine and don't like change hahhahaa.

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like to see the last post when I click on the thread and not the first post. Sorry big guy. Just bored here and can't sleep so nothing better to do but to whine whine whine

LowWaterMark

Tech Support Admin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked how you could see who created the thread, not who was the last reply.
Actually, that was my mistake. The name under the title on the left should have been the thread starter, not the last member to reply. That has just been fixed.

I think it might help to show the click points as they are now just to be sure we are all talking about the same thing.

diagraming the click points.png

And, of course, clicking on the bolded title takes you to the first post in the thread.

You could also click on the forum name to get to the section directly.

jt17

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new update looks good. Very clean. One thing I miss from the old is the recent marketplace updates section. I also miss getting e-mails of daily posts on subscribed to threads. Other than that, new site is awesome.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I seem to get bounced to the last post when I click on a thread, even if I have never read the thread. Be nice to see the op's post first without having to navigate back to the first page.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I appreciate the feedback but please take time to read through this thread and the site bugs list. I see the same complaints and I have responded with the fact that we are working on resolving a lot of these issues as well as adding back some of the easier navigation points. Read please. It seriously takes time.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MAIN reason we changed software was because the software we were own was outdated and not being developed like it should. It was gong downhill fast. This software is what most all forums will be going to if they have not.

Change is usually met with resistance, it took me a bit to get used to the difference when I first discovered Xenforo. If you're on multiple forums, you'll use IPB, VB, phpBB, woltlabBB, etc...all of these have their functional differences, and all take time to "figure out", and Xenforo is no different. Stick with it for a few weeks, what I found out is that once you get it, all of the other boards seem like they are behind the times.

One thing that really stood out to me was the Conversations structure. Remember in VB how every PM you got was an individual message? If the respondent didn't quote your reply, you had to go back to your inbox, then to Sent, look up the message, then back to your inbox, then reply, man if you had a long exchange or an old message that was brought back up, it was a total PITA. In Xenforo, Conversations are exactly like a private thread - all the exchanges are there, just like a thread. Xenforo isn't the only software that does this. Unfortunately, when you convert PM from VB there's no reliable way to make them all into a threaded format (the explanation is pretty technical, but essentially, the database structure doesn't make it very easy - next to impossible) but all new replies to old convos will thread like a post. Which means there's no need to "reply" or "quote" the previous responder's text...because they can see what they wrote just fine! Really convenient.

There are many things similar to this that are vast improvements, so try not to focus on the look and feel so much, as these types of things can be modified through styling properties. Some things cannot really be changed, at least not too easily, so there will likely be some things that really have to change (or rather, stay the way they are now)

To add to Rev's statement above, vBulletin is crashing and burning, and the vast majority of those jumping ship are going to Xenforo. Note that the developers of Xenforo were the ones that made vBulletin what it was at it's height of popularity, they left when their creativeness was squashed. vBulletin put all of it's eggs into VB5 which is a total train wreck. So you see...it's inevitable that you will see more and more boards convert away from vBulletin.

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I just have to get used to the mobile viewing which I think is a huge step back. The whole flipping and rotating where you lose content is really annoying. With the fact that mobile browsing is taking over desktop, you figure it would be made easier. Oh well, looks like i will have to download tapatalk

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess I just have to get used to the mobile viewing which I think is a huge step back. The whole flipping and rotating where you lose content is really annoying. With the fact that mobile browsing is taking over desktop, you figure it would be made easier. Oh well, looks like i will have to download tapatalk

Hey bud you don't have to get used to it! I found out that our new mobile update was in review! So it should be released any time! This stuff is a pain in the butt and I apologize.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh wait are you saying your missing images straight from a mobile browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back