Status
Not open for further replies.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on here a lot and honestly there were a few things to get used to but I must say I am enjoying the new update (honestly its really not that much different). I love the new quote system and how its much easier and faster to upload a picture. Also the mobile site is 100% better. To the one comment that I saw that said if its not broken don't fix it, that's the problem it was broken. The software was no longer being developed meaning it would rapidly fall behind in security measures. I don't think any of us would like to see R2R hacked.

TheClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went through something similar on our local board after an upgrade with mixed feelings. For every change, very rarely do 100% of the people like it. The best thing to do is make constructive feedback and let the admins work through the massive to do list. I see allot of that going on here at R2R, very little negativity which makes this a nice place to hang out.

Keep in mind, it is so very important in today's day and age to keep up with all the latest updates and technologies if only for security reasons. Some boards have been hacked to the point that even backups were lost, years worth of data and posts. I don't see that happening here at R2R. In fact, the migration of data to the new platform looks flawless. That alone is a huge feat.

Personally I do enjoy the update myself so far. The performance is amazing and the ability to make a quote from a sentence instead of a whole post is a very nice touch.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the marketplace feed up and running! It's a link in the top of every page.

https://www.reef2reef.com/widget-pages/marketplace/

market.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do I change my "well Known Member" title.. not crazy about being well known...

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on your Name, click on Personal Details, change Custom Title under Avatar

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The home page wasn't smaller. Same exact size.
I guess I was trying to say that prior to update there were links to take me to wherever I go and now it's just the recent threads and sponsor threads.

I also don't like the email updates sent to me because they don't state what thread the reply is coming from so you have to go to thread to see what the replies about

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went through something similar on our local board after an upgrade with mixed feelings. For every change, very rarely do 100% of the people like it. The best thing to do is make constructive feedback and let the admins work through the massive to do list. I see allot of that going on here at R2R, very little negativity which makes this a nice place to hang out.

Keep in mind, it is so very important in today's day and age to keep up with all the latest updates and technologies if only for security reasons. Some boards have been hacked to the point that even backups were lost, years worth of data and posts. I don't see that happening here at R2R. In fact, the migration of data to the new platform looks flawless. That alone is a huge feat.

Personally I do enjoy the update myself so far. The performance is amazing and the ability to make a quote from a sentence instead of a whole post is a very nice touch.

That's what I said ( or meant to say)
Nice post Jeremy!

Edit: had to work on the quote, now I see what you meant :) or, I mean, want I meant say o_O

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok added a quick nav box as you wish! I like it too. :) See this is what we will do to make it better. Today you already have several off the list added!

Untitled-1.jpg

sportzfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For this new update, I like a new look, so refreshing modern look and some parts I don't like muck....
When looking at the thread, it doesn't show who started (if that's from member but it shows if that's from a vendor ) I stead it shows name of recent post...
As a statement above, I have to get on a first page to go to the latest page.
If I wanna see today thread /post, I don't see anything to click on to fund em (old one has one),
I wouldn't mind have or not sponsor listing on the left column.

My complaint is along the same lines in that it is not readily/quickly discerned on the home page which vendor is starting the threads.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another Problem.

I look for certain Vendors to read their posts specifically.

It was quick and super easy before.

Now I have to strain my eyes and it seems like it takes forever to find what I am looking for.

If I didn't like this site so much I would leave and never come back.

If any other internet site switched to this I would have already left.

I try to be Positive with everything in life but with this I just cannot.

If it is an upgrade why has nothing improved?

It all took a turn for the worse.
Many people disagree with your perspective on this. Many people in THIS thread (and others) have stated what they feel is better about the upgrade.

There are things that still need to be corrected/adjusted, and Rev is working really hard on that stuff. Again, keep the criticism constructive. List specific things that you would like to see brought back/changed, but saying things like "nothing was improved" is a pretty harsh criticism without any constructive points. Even if you don't like any of the "new" to the site, the software here is more secure and up to date with modern technology. Load times are faster, picture files can be larger and better resolution. These are just a few things that were definitely upgraded regardless of whether or not you like the layout (which Rev is still working on).

As to why the site needed to be updated, that has been explained. Staying with outdated software would have been foolish and insecure regardless of how comfortable we are with it. Going back to VB is not an option, so please help provide some ideas to make THIS version better and avoid bashing the decision to move forward. ...that's not helpful to anyone.

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I applaud at how hard you work (and at how fast) to iron out the small details that users found they missed or don't care for.

Hats off to the entire admin team- a very thankless position at times

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still playing around with it and taking a bit more time to navigate and find features. But KUDOS to Rev and Team for upgrading and for inviting feedback. Upgrading platforms is never easy, there are always a ton of kinks to work out. You think you have thought of everything.. but that is never the case. It is a very time consuming process.

Not speaking from experience at all here... cough cough.

All Delight

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, that was my mistake. The name under the title on the left should have been the thread starter, not the last member to reply. That has just been fixed.

I think it might help to show the click points as they are now just to be sure we are all talking about the same thing.

diagraming the click points.png

And, of course, clicking on the bolded title takes you to the first post in the thread.

You could also click on the forum name to get to the section directly.

ahh thank you! So much better!!

LowWaterMark

Tech Support Admin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also like to see the last post when I click on the thread and not the first post.

Yes this would be a good fix too.
Just to be sure I understand... What exactly are you looking for? Is this where you are positioned in the thread when using a specific click-point, or, is this about what order the replies appear when viewing a thread page?

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be sure I understand... What exactly are you looking for? Is this where you are positioned in the thread when using a specific click-point, or, is this about what order the replies appear when viewing a thread page?
They, and some others, are after the option for posts to display newest to oldest in a thread (as opposed to the standard oldest to newest). My understanding is there was a setting like that in the old VB platform (not something I ever used).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back