Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on your name in the upper right of the screen, under main title screen. When you click on it, it will bring up a drop down menu, first on the left side of drop down menu says "Personal Details". Click on that, first thing you can change says "Status Message", next is your Avatar, next down says "Custom Title, thats what you want to change, if you don't see those items, you must be on the wrong screen.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on your name in the upper right of the screen, under main title screen. When you click on it, it will bring up a drop down menu, first on the left side of drop down menu says "Personal Details". Click on that, first thing you can change says "Status Message", next is your Avatar, next down says "Custom Title, thats what you want to change, if you don't see those items, you must be on the wrong screen.

I did Exactly that.

There is no "Custom Title"

It looks exactly like the Picture Above that the other Person Posted.

Status Message
There is No "Custom Title"

Why is that?

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I did EXACTLY like everyone said.

I Clicked on my Name on the Upper Left Part of the Screen.

I then Clicked the First Box on the Left Called "Personal Details"

The Pic that was posted shows the Option to Change "Custom Title" Right Under the Avatar Picture and Above Gender.

As you see in My Pic it is NOT There.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will get REV in on this one, you should be able to see it as far as I know.

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really not a fan of this change.

The avatars everywhere is distracting. The font is horrible to read. The color theme is off. It basically just feels way more cluttered and difficult to read. I'm sure the software is much better but please make some changes to the theme.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really not a fan of this change.

The avatars everywhere is distracting. The font is horrible to read. The color theme is off. It basically just feels way more cluttered and difficult to read. I'm sure the software is much better but please make some changes to the theme.
What are you using to view the page? On a desktop, the theme is pretty similar to the old site, so I'm assuming you're using something other than a computer. Knowing which version you're looking at helps to identify which theme you're referring to.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is no "Custom Title"

It looks exactly like the Picture You Posted Except "Custom Title" is Missing Completely.

It Goes In Order:

Status Message
There is No "Custom Title"

Why is that?
Odd. I'll see what we can find out. @revhtree will probably be able to make an adjustment to fix that.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to view the page? On a desktop, the theme is pretty similar to the old site, so I'm assuming you're using something other than a computer. Knowing which version you're looking at helps to identify which theme you're referring to.

I'm on a PC. The main issue to me is the font the more I think about it. Readability would be MUCH improved if you guys switched to a good sans-serif font. This one literally hurts my eyes when reading large posts.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm on a PC. The main issue to me is the font the more I think about it. Readability would be MUCH improved if you guys switched to a good sans-serif font. This one literally hurts my eyes when reading large posts.

We're not set on the font we have, just still tweaking stuff. :)

mmnich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you follow a lot of forums (and I do), you pretty much perform the same operations in each forum. But when there's no consistency between designs and layouts, you essentially have to learn for each forum how to perform that basic set of operations. Then once you do learn it, someone decides there's a better way. They don't add or change anything in terms of function that's important to me. They simply feel the changes make it "better".

Tapatalk was a way around this in that you could get a consistent ui for all the forums you follow and it was small screen friendly. But now it's gotten, for me, too complicated and I no longer use it. Plus browsers for small devices have gotten better .

With this particular forum there's a difference in the menu items presented on a Windows system vs. Android. With the Windows system using Chrome, the Mark Forums Read function is left-most item. Watched Forums is 3rd from the left. On Android, also using Chrome, Watched Forums is left-most and Mark Forums Read is buried under the ... furthest to the right!

There is a common design out there that a lot of sites use without a whole lot of modification and I find those sites easiest to navigate with a familiar interface. It's called vBulletin. You'll know it when you see it (a la RC).

I understand there's competition for users between sites that essentially provide the same kinds or discussion topics, but let's please not use ui design as a tool to compete. For now I've pretty much re-learned how to do things here. Took a while, but I got there. I'm sure it won't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back