I guess I'll jist need to come back after Black Friday to avoid all ot the up top sponsor posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I need to scroll down through what is essentially an entire page of advertising post for Black Friday every single time I go to the home page to see what is new.... No thanks.

There is already a post with all of with Black Friday deals. If I want to find them I can go there. Quite convenient actually. Pinning all of the sales to the top is a bit over the top for me.

I dispise pushy advertising so I guess I'll just need to spend my time elsewhere for a while.

Bah humbug.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not really planning to buy anything this Black Friday, either. It used to be unique - but not it's just another in a long string of sales, ie: Spooktober, Black Friday, Boxing Day... My LFS has some fish and corals on for great deals this week so I plan to drop some of my hard-earned coin there instead.

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I need to scroll down through what is essentially an entire page of advertising post for Black Friday every single time I go to the home page to see what is new.... No thanks.

There is already a post with all of with Black Friday deals. If I want to find them I can go there. Quite convenient actually. Pinning all of the sales to the top is a bit over the top for me.

I dispise pushy advertising so I guess I'll just need to spend my time elsewhere for a while.

Bah humbug.
You can scroll down from main menu to new posts and take your selection to provide advice, or read up, you can also search using magnifying glass top right if you need help with any topic :)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep....Black Friday isn't even a thing anymore. Starts in October....... Ends at Xmas
R2R has joined the madness. So much for a reef forum. Blah.

OP
OP
Sean Clark

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not anti Black Friday or anti sponsor sale promotion. Pining every paid sponser sale to the top of the feed is too much. Especially when your already had a system inplace to direct traffic to these sales.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep....Black Friday isn't even a thing anymore. Starts in October....... Ends at Xmas
R2R has joined the madness. So much for a reef forum. Blah.
when i was growing up, at easter, you had hot crossed buns for about a week..they were fantastic. now you can buy them at the supermarkets just about year round. summer you had watermelons and cherrys....unfortunelty the world is now 24/7-365. soon there will be no seasons

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i was growing up, at easter, you had hot crossed buns for about a week..they were fantastic. now you can buy them at the supermarkets just about year round. summer you had watermelons and cherrys....unfortunelty the world is now 24/7-365. soon there will be no seasons
Where I grew up there was a saying....knee high by the 4th of July...... Talking about the corn stalks. It showed the anticipation of having corn on the cob again after a year. Now you can buy it year round. Those things taught people patience and respect for things.
24/7-365 makes people expect and demand.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see now, it's on the home page.

Yup never visit the home page, just directly to the forums.

How hard is it to scroll past the stickies at the top? We do it all the time on the forums and all the stickies at the top of every section of the forum.

Some people are just pampered, and need everything how they want it. Get over yourself, you are not special.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I see now, it's on the home page.

Yup never visit the home page, just directly to the forums.

How hard is it to scroll past the stickies at the top? We do it all the time on the forums and all the stickies at the top of every section of the forum.

Some people are just pampered, and need everything how they want it. Get over yourself, you are not special.

The stickies are there all the time and aren't pushing sales to cater to sponsors. They are there to help people.

To drastically change the layout the way R2R has to simply shove sales down our throats, is quite insulting.

But glad your opinion is the only one that matters. The rest of us should just sit back and say nothing on here ever again. Can you answer every post please? It would make our pampered lives a lot easier. Thanks pumpkin

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stickies are there all the time and aren't pushing sales to cater to sponsors. They are there to help people.

To drastically change the layout the way R2R has to simply shove sales down our throats, is quite insulting.

But glad your opinion is the only one that matters. The rest of us should just sit back and say nothing on here ever again. Can you answer every post please? It would make our pampered lives a lot easier. Thanks pumpkin
He is on almost every post

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you would like to "hide" the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals threads from the home page please go to your account preferences here and check the box! Thanks!

Screenshot 2022-11-22 at 15-35-02 Preferences.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back