I hate clowns

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my never ending adventure in trying to get my multiple anemone to host my 2 clowns I've hit a bit of hope. For the last 2 weeks I've had a video of clowns being hosted on loop for my fish. Seeming like it was going no where but figured, why not? Now today my female has expressed an interest finally. She brushes up against the tentacles now. Even caught her sucking on one a few times. Still refuses to go all in though.....

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I’m undecided if I’m going to even house nems beyond RFAs. I have black ice occ clowns so that natural instinct is probably less than a hunch for them at best

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So in my never ending adventure in trying to get my multiple anemone to host my 2 clowns I've hit a bit of hope. For the last 2 weeks I've had a video of clowns being hosted on loop for my fish. Seeming like it was going no where but figured, why not? Now today my female has expressed an interest finally. She brushes up against the tentacles now. Even caught her sucking on one a few times. Still refuses to go all in though.....
Keep up the hope!!

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catch ur nem. Place a long big tube down over the nem. Place clown in tube. Let us know. Lol!
I bought a lta the other day. No clowns in my tank yet. Cant seem to find a decent size cinnamon clown these days.
D

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catch ur nem. Place a long big tube down over the nem. Place clown in tube. Let us know. Lol!
I bought a lta the other day. No clowns in my tank yet. Cant seem to find a decent size cinnamon clown these days.
D

thats mark levenstons (melevs reef) method right?

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya. Im intrested to see if it works. Lol
D

if you do try it let me know how it goes. If I could get my clowns to settle with a nem (or knew a decent way to make it happen) I’d be all about having a black widow nem.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Took me three years to get these two to get in an anemone...at one point I had over a dozen Anemones in my tank... Literally walked into the house and they were doing it haha.

Attachments

• 20210517_181010-01.jpeg
    20210517_181010-01.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D
I tried that when I introduced the second one. Catching either one now would be an adventure.

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took me three years to get these two to get in an anemone...at one point I had over a dozen Anemones in my tank... Literally walked into the house and they were doing it haha.
This is not the place for your success story!

Fishguy530

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too hate clowns, but my problem is that my clown wont leave her ‘nem… no no no, you don’t get it - SHE WONT LEAVE HER ‘NEM… not even to eat. I feel your pain bud, good luck!

OP
OP
Jekyl

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem has its foot at the base of their cave/area while it reaches over them. They use it as an umbrella and hang out there all day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back