I HATE FedEx

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeeze. This terrifies me because the closest saltwater fish store is 2 hours away and I don't drive. I would have to order my fish and other things online. Now I am hesitant.

Truth is 99% of the time things work out just fine, but when they mess up. They mess up big time and the customer service can be summed up as being a big carefree middle finger to you.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you're not going to like the answer!!!

This is the Fedex answer to your question:

Global Suspension of Money Back Guarantee.

The impact of COVID-19 is causing local, state, and national governments around the world to issue work and travel restrictions on a daily basis which are impacting our ability to meet our high standards of service. As a result, we have made the decision to suspend our money-back guarantee for all FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Freight and FedEx Office services effective immediately until further notice. Because FedEx is an essential transportation service provider, we will continue operating as government restrictions and regulations allow.

Even before Covid, they would only refund the shipping and only to the shipper. How the purchase is handled is the policy of the seller. Some will take care of you and provide replacement, some will specifically exclude shipping delays as reasons to deny refund or replacement. It's obviously best to buy from someone who will take care of you if things go south.

For example, Joe at Joe Knows Reefs did a test shipping before releasing shipments after the deep freeze in Texas to test the system. We all had to wait a little longer for our corals to get here, but at lease they made it here. Some sellers just do a better job of working with the carriers, too.

Acroporaguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also hate Fedex, half the time the package doesn't even get delivered to my address. Their customer service is also pathetic.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After tracking down and working months to coordinate getting a fish from a fellow R2R reefer, enter FedEx to mess it all up.

Here is the tracking history, it was supposed to arrive by 10:30am. It got held up in Memphis and they told me that they would still get it to me by end of the day.

2021-03-16 (2).png

I'm like great! It's here! Dulles is only 35 minutes from my house.

I called FedEx and ask when will it make it here? They tell me not till tomorrow. What???

I explain the situation. I tell them I'm willing to go to the airport and pick up the package literally ANYTIME tonight.

Their answer was, sorry you can't pick up from there without the shipper requesting.

No problem, I'll get the shipper on the phone.

Then the answer changes to sorry, the item needs to be scanned. Ok, when will you scan the item. The answer, not till tomorrow.

I explain the situation, it's not the cost, it's just that this is a specimen that took months to find and coordinate. Please there must be someone who could meet me at the airport and pull the package.

Needless to say, after getting this escalated, the answer was sorry we can't help you.

If this was my only bad experience with FedEx, I'd be very disappointed, but not hating on them. However, they have consistently missed deliveries for me and are horrible when it comes to customer service.

I had a similar issue with UPS several years ago and I called them. Guess what, they actually held the package at their distribution center and had someone meet me there to get my package.

I hate FexEx.
So was it a happy ending or DOA?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going west to east with FedEx is more difficult, in that they lose 3 hours of working time. I also wonder if the huge southern storm came into play? I avoided FedEx this week to try and miss that. Last week though, I had a single 45# box of moon jellies ship to me in Ohio from Texas. Guess the charges.....wait for it.....$520 ! Not an error, that was their valid charge.

Jay
Whenever you get those insane Quotes just look at your other options. You could have flown to Texas to Ohio and Back for around $200 and you could have rented a car and made a day trip of it and selected your items or paid the supplier to meet you at the airport with the animals if you wanted a fast turn around time.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So was it a happy ending or DOA?

It arrived alive but swimming/floating upside-down. I temp adjusted and matched my salinity so I added it to my acclimation box in DT. Gave it a Methylene dip and returned it to acclimation box. Breathing and eye movement seemed good when I went to bed. It was dead in the morning.

I hate FedEx. If just one person was willing to help at the Dulles center I'm very certain there would have been a happy fish.

I hate FedEx.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It arrived alive but swimming/floating upside-down. I temp adjusted and matched my salinity so I added it to my acclimation box in DT. Gave it a Methylene dip and returned it to acclimation box. Breathing and eye movement seemed good when I went to bed. It was dead in the morning.

I hate FedEx. If just one person was willing to help at the Dulles center I'm very certain there would have been a happy fish.

I hate FedEx.
Sorry man, that sucks. Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago.

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
Sorry to hear about your experience. I also had a Fedex package with live tracking GPS and the van never drove down my street. I have all my coral and fish shipped to the local hub now.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your experience. I also had a Fedex package with live tracking GPS and the van never drove down my street. I have all my coral and fish shipped to the local hub now.

This was shipped to their local ship center.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#1 why would they even be put on a plane?
#2.....Memphis??? That's a heck of a connection flight.

Most next day air packages go thru Memphis that is the super hub for Fedex.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A few things. Shipping since covid has been spotty for both UPS and Fedex. They can not keep up with demand and ordering is risky and has been stated by both companies. Also there are weather disruption. Sad it happened but says right on the front page there is disruption.

Also live fish and corals are not guaranteed and technically not even permitted by FedEx.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I'm familiar with Memphis. Always screws me. It's just weird to put it on a plane when it's just right up the road from the vendor.

Most efficient way to process a lot of packages

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the same issue with FedEx. Not fish related though, thank god. I ordered a package that was supposed to take 5 days to deliver. Day 5 I started watching the tracking, it kept bouncing back and fourth from Detroit to Pontiac for a week after I was supposed to receive it. I kept calling and every time they said it will be delivered tomorrow..... Two weeks later It arrived damaged!

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few things. Shipping since covid has been spotty for both UPS and Fedex. They can not keep up with demand and ordering is risky and has been stated by both companies. Also there are weather disruption. Sad it happened but says right on the front page there is disruption.

Also live fish and corals are not guaranteed and technically not even permitted by FedEx.

So far, no issues with UPS for me.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back