I have a fish that might be sick

Blue Ring Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2016
Messages
3,720
Reaction score
1,567
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to put him a hospital/observation tank, brand new water, heater and sponge filter, does the fish have to acclimate to the new fresh water. Kind like a kid from Los Angeles going to Yellowstone and taking a deep breath.
Thanks in advance


 
Are you going to use the same salt mix for your QT tank? As long as the salinity and temp are the same, you are good to go.
 
Yes it is the salt mix that I have been using for a year now.
I will transition later after everything gets back to normal. Start with 25/75, 50/50 75/25.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new