I have an addiction.

Chalice_kid47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Wesley and I'm addicted to Chalice corals. I have had FOWLER tanks since 2004 on and off but for the last year or so I have discovered that I have a unstoppable compulsion to collect and care for colorful retina burning glowing beautiful coral. After a few failed attempts with smaller aquariums, I now have a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub with a 25 gallon Rubbermaid sump. I keep it simple rocks and socks. I keep tangs and wrasse and lots. Of high end rainbow chalices. I am excited to join the reef2reef community and maby make some new reefing friends. Nobody in my real life keeps a reef so sometimes I get frustrated with normal people who just don't understand our addiction to corals. So yeah that's where I'm at. I'm in hobe sound Florida and down to learn,chat,trade,or help out in any way possible.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. You’ve come to the right place for people who share your obsession with corals.
Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Wesley and I'm addicted to Chalice corals. I have had FOWLER tanks since 2004 on and off but for the last year or so I have discovered that I have a unstoppable compulsion to collect and care for colorful retina burning glowing beautiful coral. After a few failed attempts with smaller aquariums, I now have a 100 gallon Rubbermaid tub with a 25 gallon Rubbermaid sump. I keep it simple rocks and socks. I keep tangs and wrasse and lots. Of high end rainbow chalices. I am excited to join the reef2reef community and maby make some new reefing friends. Nobody in my real life keeps a reef so sometimes I get frustrated with normal people who just don't understand our addiction to corals. So yeah that's where I'm at. I'm in hobe sound Florida and down to learn,chat,trade,or help out in any way possible.

Welcome! Glad you joined. I find this is a great place to come mingle (electronically) with like minded people - R2R and my local hobby club make my heart happy! You are in the right place!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Hobe Sound:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Wesley, glad you are here! You have achieved the first step by realizing that you have a problem. I will gather up some fellow reefers to perform an intervention to cure you of your addiction. Best of luck.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 60 30.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 72 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.6%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.1%
Back