I have chaeto....and need to trim periodically.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at some similar light bulbs, but a lot of them seemed to have some problems going bad in a short amount of time. The one I got was based on the advice of a guy that was like me...just using a cheap bulb that worked great for chaeto growth. I think I got two of them for about $10.

Jeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HOB fuge won't fit on my sump until I redo the plumbing (can't fit it between the stand and wall so I can't install it yet).

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My HOB fuge won't fit on my sump until I redo the plumbing (can't fit it between the stand and wall so I can't install it yet).
Ok. Just let me know when. I'll probably have more or be close to trimming whenever you're ready.

Brian Mountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have a fairly small area to grow it, so I have to trim pretty often. In an area about 20" x 6", It will grow about 2" in height in about two to three weeks.
I'll take some if you have more available at some time. Thanks. Trying to get fuge going.....again. Not much luck the first go around.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have chaeto now if anybody needs some. Shoot me a pm and post to make sure I see it. This website doesn't seem to notify me as it should. I don't use tapatalk either, cause it seems to wear me out with crap.

Brian Mountain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have chaeto now if anybody needs some. Shoot me a pm and post to make sure I see it. This website doesn't seem to notify me as it should. I don't use tapatalk either, cause it seems to wear me out with crap.
I'll take some

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Chaeto available from anyone? Looking for some to seed a refuge.

Thanks,
I've got some. Shoot me a PM. I work in west knox and could meet up in the lovell rd area or towards karns...maybe other times or places.

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much store credit do they give you? I have a flourishing HOB fuge I have to trim twice a week it grows so fast.
Probably less than the gas to get there.
I'm not all that crazy about trading in at stores, because they simply don't give much at all for your stuff. For example: If you have a coral they would sell for $100, they will give you 1/3, or $33 for it.....in store credit towards livestock only. That livestock you find in their store that sells for $33, they bought for 1/3 of that....or $11. So the short story is that you gave them a coral they will sell for $100 and in return, they gave you something they paid $11 for. Trading $11 in value for $100 in value just isn't much of a fair trade.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have corals to trade but I can buy some. How much will you charge?

OP
OP
E

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not looking for much, but if you can meet in Karns, I could do something like $8 a bag. I have plenty so I won't just put a little in a bag.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back