OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is probably how it was set up before and would work if you did it that way again.

I run a jebao return pump. I bought 2 of them for the same price of one of the "better" ones and put the second on a shelf as a backup. I don't want to wait a week for a new pump to arrive when, not if, the return pump fails. I don't see how big your display tank is, but I'm guessing ~75 gallons? If so, the 4000L pump will work just fine.
It's actually a 40 breeder. I thought It would be best to size up on a pump in case the performance goes way down under my head pressure. Regardless, I can adjust it if it's an overkill. Only thing I'm worried about now is I have a 1/2" return line that I should probably upgrade to 3/4". Unless you think I could get away with 1/2"

Last edited:

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run the 1/2" line for a 40 breeder. You could also get away with a smaller return pump. I personally would still get the 4000L, only because it's adjustable being DC. Also if you want to add a reactor or something similar down the road, the slightly bigger return pump can still be used with a T and provide enough return flow.

jstncoffman

Nothing happens overnight in this hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in my own opinion, I always run a oversized pump, les heat, definitely room to expand, and also more water movement from the returns, i would also recommend if you wanna 1/2 the. I would run 3/4 to a T fitting then step down to 2 half inch returns, that way you have plenty of volume and pressure, and for a cleaner look before you add water you can paint your plumbing with Krylon fusion , totaly reef safe and is cheap!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Plumbing2.png

OP
OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright- after some labor, I have finished all my cutting. I have the dry build here, and I'll be cementing it either later tonight or tomorrow.

IMG_1612.jpg IMG_1611.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back