I have SPS now!

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 1, 2020
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
2,896
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought my first SPS today. I got 2 Metallic Montiporas (or is it Millipora) My water parameters all tight and stable. My phosphates are still high... working on it...They both have really good flow where they are. You can see in the pics below where I have them placed. The one on the left side is getting 380 PAR, the one on the right is getting 305.

Any thoughts on how I placed them?

B57A3683-200B-43E7-83B6-BD3BB55ECF11.jpeg
8DDA0F72-566E-4B96-8AA9-DC14821E2BF9.jpeg
6CA57519-80CA-4DF0-9111-7C7472B4B3C9.jpeg
 
I added two more SPS today. A very nice millipora colony, a little PC Rainbow frag and an LPS. A little favia. : ) I also put a Bella Goby in today. He is about 4” long, so hopefully my eel won’t eat him. He likes to hide under the rock, so no pic yet : (

B0FD87E1-2179-44FD-A9A7-33197D03692B.jpeg
5AD9D524-6C24-447A-A647-19C114D58E75.jpeg
A2628534-28A9-4802-95D1-8CF5191BCB43.jpeg
 
Great choices Shawn. Those things look great! I love Millepora definitely my favorite of the acros. You have done great taking your time and being well informed.

Side note... did that little "ricordea" or whatever it was turn back up? The one that just seemed to keep hiding on?
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new