OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great choices Shawn. Those things look great! I love Millepora definitely my favorite of the acros. You have done great taking your time and being well informed.

Side note... did that little "ricordea" or whatever it was turn back up? The one that just seemed to keep hiding on?
Thank you! ...and no, sadly, he never did show back up.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Bella Goby came out for a quick pic : )
D3C29B31-748D-464E-AA4C-B7A665CA3A14.jpeg

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very pretty fish, me want! :)
He is fun to watch to... when he gets a mouth full of food, he just BANGS the sand hard! he is very thorough too. He has completely transformed the topography of my sand bed. His little piles are everywhere. Makes the sand look cool : )

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is fun to watch to... when he gets a mouth full of food, he just BANGS the sand hard! he is very thorough too. He has completely transformed the topography of my sand bed. His little piles are everywhere. Makes the sand look cool : )

I have an engineer goby, my sandbed changes daily! ;)

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats on your first sticks! Imo they aren’t as difficult to keep as some people make them out to be, they aren’t more resilient than cockroaches like some softies are but keep your parameters stable and they’ll grow like weeds. That being said they can have a hard time adjusting to a new tank (major instability event in their life, new light, new flow, every water parameter is different than they’re used to) so don’t feel too bad about the RTN you’re having on the Millie.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, I have some RTN on my new millie frags I got a bit ago. They came in to the tank like that, but I'm ignoring it as you have to look hard to see it, and I know it'll just grow back over it. I have a knack for stopping things like RTN and bleaching.
I don't know why, but I've managed to save a few corals that were in the middle of dieing so I got discounts on them. I've lost a couple though. Mostly because I'm messing around in the tank and accidently frag a coral after I've already accidently fragged them and they quit....lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, not really having a lot of luck with these new purchases : ( Now the second maricultured piece I bought is covered with RTN : ( And... my Bella Goby, that I really really liked, jumped out of the tank overnight! Lost him too! : (

melanotaenia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the goby; do you have a source for ORA corals? Their frags have always done well for me so could be a good starting point given their hardiness compared to Maricultured pieces.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the goby; do you have a source for ORA corals? Their frags have always done well for me so could be a good starting point given their hardiness compared to Maricultured pieces.
Now that I know to ask about the whole “Maricultured” thing... I have been able to stay away from them with my LFS.

I have begun to understand why so many reefers buy online... it is kind of the only way to get the exact species and such that you want. I have a really nice LFS now, but their SPS stock is still very limited.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I know to ask about the whole “Maricultured” thing... I have been able to stay away from them with my LFS.

I have begun to understand why so many reefers buy online... it is kind of the only way to get the exact species and such that you want. I have a really nice LFS now, but their SPS stock is still very limited.
We really like getting coral from fellow reefers. We trade and buy. Not only are the frags most often healthier, most fellow reefers have a pretty good quarantine/dip process.

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So, not really having a lot of luck with these new purchases : ( Now the second maricultured piece I bought is covered with RTN : ( And... my Bella Goby, that I really really liked, jumped out of the tank overnight! Lost him too! : (
Gobys are known jumpers, carpet surfing we’ve all been there. That’s how you learn to keep a screen on the tank lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back